ok.. with the Olympus

Iso:400

Aperture:F/4.1

Shutter speed:4 secs

and the same thing taken with the XT..

Iso:800

Aperture:F/32

Shutter speed:30 secs

EDIT: @Rahul... nice pics.. esp the first one!

Oh and btw.. i took a pic in RAW mode.. its a .CR2 file.. how do I convert it?? rather.. what do I do with it now?hehe..

F/32 :S. You are kidding me... I thought the aperture range ended at 22 on the XT. Lower the F-stop to something like F/3.2. You'd definitely not want super long exposure times unless absolutely necessary. Digital Photo Professional that ships with ur cam will open it and also adjust it. You can then convert it to whatever format you please. Else you can also use photoshop.

hmm.. ok thanks! I'm using shutter priority... guess should go full manual and try... still learning...:D

:( DPP isn't installed on this comp.. shall try some other time..!

Btw... could you try taking a pic of something similar? wanna see how if it also has the redness...

hmm ok!! tmrw:D

btw.. i tried DPP on the laptop.. changed the white balance to fluorescent and the redness was much much less.. next time I'll change it before taking the pic and try!

Okay here is an example... there's a bit of blur I was handholding at 1/10th of a sec. But gives u the idea... Here is the original unprocessed image

Here is the image corrected by DPP using Tungsten WB

@Rahul... the first picture though a touch overexposed is really nice. That camera seems really good ;). Very nice edge sharpness at f/4.

^^The cam white balance is useful only if you are shooting JPEG. If shooting RAW, its immaterial what the white balance in the cam was. You can change it in DPP or any other such app.

raw eats into the card... I'v got a sandisk 1Gb.. so it's not going to hold to much.. but ya.. i see the convince of raw.. shall try it out for some time!

EDIT: mods.. sorry for the OT chatter.. pl feel free to delete it if necessary!

Chaos said:
@Rahul... the first picture though a touch overexposed is really nice. That camera seems really good ;). Very nice edge sharpness at f/4.

hmmmm ...... i thot its a crappy cam ..... its my sister's cam, slim one so i thot its only show no go lol ....... but it seems a good camera ......

Guys i will be shifting discussion out to a separate thread will just leave pics here alone... Hope you all wont mind... Also seeing the response in this thread do you guys want a separate photography subsection on TE itself... :)

Switch said:
Guys i will be shifting discussion out to a separate thread will just leave pics here alone... Hope you all wont mind... Also seeing the response in this thread do you guys want a separate photography subsection on TE itself... :)

better leave this thread as it is and make one thread only for pics ..... and lock it so no one can post ..... mods can transfer the pics from here to there :)

Back