The Photography Thread !

Anish said:
Good stuff ?

Which cam btw, cudn't look up the EXIF.

I'd be glad if you posted thumbnails next time :)

this is what is revealeed.
File change date and time: 2006:12:15 01:32:35
Image description:
Image input equipment manufacturer: SONY
Image input equipment model: DSC-W100
Exposure time: 0.025
F number: 2.8
Exposure program: 2
ISO speed rating: 125
Exposure bias: 0
Maximum lens aperture: 3
Metering mode: 5
Light source: 0
Flash: 31
Lens focal length: 7.9
Custom rendered: 0
Exposure mode: 0
White balance: 0
Scene capture type: 0
Contrast: 0
Saturation: 0
Sharpness: 0

Okey... Here is an pic of panoramic view of Port Luis... Capital City of Mauritius... Was playing around with the stiching software so let me know where i have gone wrong...

The Link RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

The beautiful part of the city is that you have mountains on one side of the city and sea on the other :D...

Switch said:
Okey... Here is an pic of panoramic view of Port Luis... Capital City of Mauritius... Was playing around with the stiching software so let me know where i have gone wrong...

Umm I dont think you have gone wrong anywhere :S... looks like a fine panorama. Btw what software did you use ?

here are some pics which i just took ...... its 1 o' clock in the midnyt ..... without any flash :D ...

Just to show u guys how dark it was ..... this one is with flash in auto mode ....

Now this one is with 15secs shutter speed and 80 ISO

15 secs shutter 400 ISO

15 secs shutter 800 ISO

Another one ...

with normal mode

Same with 15 secs shutter and 400 ISO

@switch that one awesome pic :D ..... really kool

Switch said:
Canon Photostitch :p

Using it for the first time... Dammm... Never knew its so easy to use :p
I've used PTGui a few times... its another brilliant piece of software... much better that Canon Photostitch :)

your series of shots are excellent examples for understanding effects of flash, ISO, Shutter speed.

first image has flash on so the highlighted leaves are in centre while edges are relatively darker a limitation of inbuilt flash.

now second, third, fourth are as you can infer same shots with different iso settings while 80 ISO has better clarity but less light, 400 ISO has more ight with appreciable noise while 800 ISO shot has lot of noise almost rendering the shot useless.

fifth shot is excellent piece of hand shake.

last one is fine but the focus areas are widely apart and differently lit so takes the sheen away, apply some crop and do some unsharp mask which may bring out the image more better.

@switch : did you take the phots in cnotiguous shots mode i mean taking photos with stitching later in mind and keep something common between two consecutive shots.

if yes then i wonder how cmoe there is skewing like fisheye view.

if not then its really an excellent shot, slightly blurred on left side

any ways a praise worthy shot really :clap:

Here are some more which i clicked today errrr........ its 12:05 so yesterday :)

This one is my favorite :D

PS: some pics need cropping to be done :)

Since everyone seems to be doing macro, here's mine :p. Took it with the 50mm lens inverted. Had to manually focus by moving camera back and front :rofl:. Not sharp as i wanted it to be but its impossible to focus correctly without a focus ring :p. Oh and on top of that the stupid razer logo flashes.... cant be set permanently on :|.

Back