The Photography Thread !

Awesome shot there smithy... My camera does not allow me to have that close a macro shot... It fails to focus... Which cam u using...

@Anish Thats Baliey's re... I call it the Irsh coffee ;)... And its actually quiet tasty... Chaos would tell you more about it...

I gotta post some coin pics myself now... And good going razeroholics :p

Anish said:
^ @ wolfff - Nice try, but you need to use a ring flash for that shot.

Btw, 18-55 Kit ?

Yeah.. the kit lens.... and it was taken in my room with just the tube light... i ain't gonna buy the ring flash anytime soon :p

wolfff said:
i ain't gonna buy the ring flash anytime soon :p

But this month's issue of "Better Photography". You can build one for 250 bucks :D

I bought the mag only cause of the tut, not yet finished, but really awesome !

Anish said:
But this month's issue of "Better Photography". You can build one for 250 bucks :D

I bought the mag only cause of the tut, not yet finished, but really awesome !
yes.. its an awesome n yet simple 'mod' i was planning on tryin that too.. :eek:hyeah:

w5 cn wrk wonders and ths pic will show how....am uploading 2 pix,one taken wid automatic settings wid no flash and the other one wid manual controls wid iso400 and slow shutter speed set @ 30sec wid no flash...both the pix wr tkn in same lightin conditions and wid the tym difference of 1 min...

pic 1:
pic 2:

w5 ws nt able 2 reproduce nything @ the lighting conditions @ wch the pic ws taken xcept 4 a bit of light cumin frm the sky..ths pic ws taken wid automatic settings,nw luk @ pic 2,itz very noisy bt w5 ws able 2 make tht pic very visible @ almost no visibility and no lights...and ths iz y i luv SONY....:clap: :hap2:

am jst w8in 4 the DSC H9,it has 15x opti zoom and ISO3200 and also NIGHT SHOT,itz the feature wch SONY HANDYCAMS hv...the 2nd pic ws taken @ iso400 so i thnk u cn imagine how the pix will luk @ iso 3200...it wud b less noisier coz H9 will hv betta sensors...

i hv been usin ths cam 4 xactly 1 year and 6dayz and i neva faced ny problems or had ny complains wid it and i jst crossed the 10k mark 2day bt aftr the 9999th pic the counter ws reseted 2 00001....

ny comments?????

Some of mine:
371849185_2da611791a_m.jpg

bigger size here: linky
352294786_4f1cc579a4_m.jpg

352263027_603b2c5b90_m.jpg

Here are some pics I took a long long time ago... never managed to post them cos I was too lazy :p. Some lame National Football League match :p. I went there only cos I wanted to practice photography. Cropped the images a bit and applied a little unsharp masking. Have lots of sequences like this, but too lazy to upload :p.

Oh btw this was taken from the stands, hand held with no support. Here's an idea of how far away i was from the action :p

TheMask said:
hey.. nice pics there.. what equipment? and any higher res pics for those?

Equipment: Canon 350D and a coupla lenses (Sigma 12-24mm, Canon 70-200mm F/4L)

Hi res - check the links below the snaps...for even hi-res images, come visit my house :p

Back