The Photography Thread !

^ Great shots BD !

You see your subject and image quality is nice, but its the background spoiling the image (Especially 2nd and 3rd). Look for a tighter crop and increase the brightness a bit !

As for the last pic, the background is overexposed but that the cams faulty meter, so use -1EV Exposure Compensation and reshoot (if possible), much better image !

@BD: Nice effort. I guess you are limited severely by the k750i cam. The first three are great but the 4th one is overexposed cos of the sky. (I guess u'd have noticed). The easiest way to take pics where there's lots of sky is to reduce the exposure compensation by one stop or so otherwise I always get overexposure on pics which have the sky hehe.

Its automatic depth of field. Select it and shoot with AF enabled on the lens and it'll set the depth of field correctly. Its very useful for large group photos in which you want everyone to be in focus.

all are taken by Canon Powershot A400. I can see the EXIF data as u ppl say in ACDSEE. how to post it here :ashamed:

@anish: use tighter crop means?? dint get there... and these were taken near my wall outside 1 year b4 i guess.. nothing is there to re-shoot... :p

@chaos: Regarding exposure to sky, do u mean to say the flower is overexposed, not the sky, right?? :-S and this pic also taken at a relative's place, where i wont be going again in few months. :p

Now few more trouble for u ppl...::: ;)

this one i put in deviantart as print, wats this DA prints actually for??? :-s

too much under exposed i know, hav to do somethin in photoshop... :(

using w810i cam... wonder whether its overexposed again.. too much colours right??? :-s

Well its easy to see if the image is overexposed... just check the histogram. If its all in the middle, its well exposed. If its towards the right side, its overexposed. If its on the left side its underexposed.

Tried a sorta silhouette with the tree, but didn't come out perfect. Scope for improvement, yeah...

EXIF intact for technical details :)

Btw, hows this for a Self-Portrait ??

dsc02129uu8.jpg

What in the fookin world is that :O !

Nice try btw, but its a perfect example of why I wouldn't waste money on a phone with a high res sensor ;)

Back