The Photography Thread !

TheMask said:
yes.. its an awesome n yet simple 'mod' i was planning on tryin that too.. :eek:hyeah:

Anish said:
But this month's issue of "Better Photography". You can build one for 250 bucks :D

I bought the mag only cause of the tut, not yet finished, but really awesome !

can either of you scan the pages of that mod and mail me TIA.

lol thats plain simple. i even have the spare general purpose pcb and LEDs with me.

Its brilliant but simple idea.

gona get started this weekend :p

erm, i was struggling to get some got shots from a moving bus of the roadside greenery, but none of the presets were working. out of luck, i went manual, and from some of the wisdom here , i set to the highest ISO my cam could handle (400) , set focus to landscape , and wallah! got some of my best pics yet :D

now what do you do with EV? it changes the brightness of the image, but is there more to it ?

another question. i was trying to shoot a few pics of me friends playing ball at night . there were spotlights in the background which completely dominated the image. also, the ball and the bodies were all too fast moving. tried most of the things which came to mind, still no luck . any advice :ashamed:

I own a canon A 430 BTW :)

^ In the first case, you did it right, as you increased the ISO and dropped the shutter thereby reducing motion blur.

The second case is a classic example of why you need EV. You'll need to do the following to get a great image.

1. Set EV to about -1

2. Use spot metering and meter for the foreground (i.e. Your friends, by pressing the shutter halfway)

3. Set to highest ISO, and try to use the fastest possible shutter.

If all this doesn't work, then your lens is too slow to capture such a shot :p

greenhorn said:
uhm :ashamed: how much does one cost ?

plus me not into photography that seriously..... YET :D
Not much ! I bought one from jjmehta yesterday for 2.4k, but you could start with something as low as 1.2k :D

Back