Ubuntu Fan thread

Yeah there is the "Ubuntu GNOME" spin/flavour of Ubuntu too as an option..[DOUBLEPOST=1505733814][/DOUBLEPOST]Damn they still including Amazon tie-up

Yeah there is the "Ubuntu GNOME" spin/flavour of Ubuntu too as an option..[DOUBLEPOST=1505733814][/DOUBLEPOST]Damn they still including Amazon tie-up

These are reasons, I stopped using Ubuntu long back.
I use Xubuntu, clean and trouble free as it was in early days + classic gnome looks :)

I'm using LMDE for long now. But, this distro is now dying all thanks to Linux Mint obsessed with Ubuntu base. Hmm..need to move to Ubuntu Gnome if no other options exists with a Debian based distro.

What does PulseAudio do ? Gnome is working on a video equivalent named PipeWire.
PulseAudio is blamed as bad implementation although is successful. Before, it was eSound/arts, ALSA Dmix etc IIRC quite a PITA back 1-2 decades. May be, like XFree86/Xorg getting replaced by Wayland, this sound server may be less resource hungry and efficient (hopefully).

Hi, Is it possible to tell the procedure how AutoCorrect / Spelling Mistake / Dictionary work on Libre Office or any such product? It never worked for me....

Hi, Is it possible to tell the procedure how AutoCorrect / Spelling Mistake / Dictionary work on Libre Office or any such product? It never worked for me....

1st- download the english dictionary extension from here

Inside Libreoffice writer:
Open Tools > Extension Manager [Ctrl+Alt+E]
Browse to the downloaded dictionary file. Click Add, then close.
Then go to Tools > Options > Language Settings > Languages.
Under Default language for documents
Western : set it as UK English or US English.
Press Ok and close.

I'm thinking of shifting to Ubuntu now. Tired of constant screen tearing in mint. it works without any tearing for 4-5 days and then suddenly it will start tearing every few minutes or after every day or so. only way to solve it is to reboot the pc.
Less screen tearing in this. Only con is its slower than Linux Mint for some reason. Must be too much unwanted stuff installed on 17.04 or maybe intel celeron is too slow for this os now.

1st- download the english dictionary extension from here

Inside Libreoffice writer:
Open Tools > Extension Manager [Ctrl+Alt+E]
Browse to the downloaded dictionary file. Click Add, then close.
Then go to Tools > Options > Language Settings > Languages.
Under Default language for documents
Western : set it as UK English or US English.
Press Ok and close.

Thanks a lot 6pack for the tips - It worked beautifully for my RPi3 and Beelink GT1 running Ubuntu Mate - Thank You. Yet to do on my Ubuntu 16.04 Laptop...Due to this need to use Google Docs in those devices.
For The Record, Exact Steps for LibreOffice5 under Tools is below...

Tools > Langauge > For All Text > More > Default Settings For Documents > Western > English > OK

Have you tried Xubuntu?
no, i tried Lubuntu though. Reminded me of Windows XP or NT perhaps.

After installing Ubuntu updates etc and wasting time (all Indian servers are so slow, even the fastest one was like 65KBps only), I looked at the file manager and got reminded of why I left Ubuntu - the file manager. Is it Caja? Even the About does not name it. I've never seen such a sparce file manager on linux before. Even the file managers on android are way better than this.

Maybe I should install Nemo or just install CInnamon desktop environment.

Thanks a lot 6pack for the tips - It worked beautifully for my RPi3 and Beelink GT1 running Ubuntu Mate - Thank You. Yet to do on my Ubuntu 16.04 Laptop...Due to this need to use Google Docs in those devices.
For The Record, Exact Steps for LibreOffice5 under Tools is below...

Tools > Langauge > For All Text > More > Default Settings For Documents > Western > English > OK

woah. you're running ubuntu on an android box? wow.

Back