PC Peripherals Which PSU ?

I am planning for a new setup which will have more than 10+ hdd. Which PSU I should I go for ?

There will be no Keyboard mouse no graphics card nothing attached to the system. It will be controlled remotely. So which one to go for also from my understanding I would be needing a PSU with a soild +5 volt rail as a HDD need both 12 and 5 volts to run.

Awaiting answers !!!!

Please suggest other than VX450

did not worked that why was up for sale....It worked fine till 6 HDD but as soon I add 7th HDD the PC was not stable. Thats why thinking of a upgrade.

Any other PSU

current generation 3.5" 10 HDDs wont consume more than 100W

startup power maybe slightly high so 150W at max.

vx450, considering 5yr warranty and solid stability...would be more than enough to serve the purpose.

on safe side assuming its a amdX2 system, with 10HDDs SATA of 7200rpm, 2 sticks of RAM, 2-3 fans of 120 hi perform, onboard graphic, 2-3 USB devices(ipod or ext hard drive future proofing) , 1 pci card(for safety)

cpu utilization of 85%

capacitor aging of 25%

system load of around 80%

regular mobo

u would need 573W

now most of SMPS are 80 plus. so a 750watts would give u ideally 750X.8 = 600w ok its arguable that all 750 watts actually deliver more so a safe bet is 700-750 watts minimum

so u have silverstone, cm or corsair to pic from. you can even try Antec

try out urself solution :)

Thermaltake Power Supply Calculator

use the current CM pro here...
upgrade present machine to..Seasonic Modular Power Supply 850Watt

Thats weird, how did u conclude that?
low_bass_makker said:
did not worked that why was up for sale....It worked fine till 6 HDD but as soon I add 7th HDD the PC was not stable. Thats why thinking of a upgrade.
Any other PSU
Why not corsair? :S
low_bass_makker said:
Any other brand leaving Corsair

We both love to hate Corsair.... thats why:)

Dont trust it much....feel they are over rated its our personal opinion:)

like TX750 is actually a Channel Well PSU of 900W ... so always try n find some alternate..

am sure he wants a Seasonic.... coz i always want that too :)...

or CM UCP 700

antz123 said:
now most of SMPS are 80 plus. so a 750watts would give u ideally 750X.8 = 600w

you got 80plus totally wrong
it means when PC is using 600W the PSU is using 750W from mains
so any good 750W will give 750W but draw 938W from mains

buy a CM Real Power Pro 550W or SeaSonic S12II 500W

antz123 said:
on safe side assuming its a amdX2 system, with 10HDDs SATA of 7200rpm, 2 sticks of RAM, 2-3 fans of 120 hi perform, onboard graphic, 2-3 USB devices(ipod or ext hard drive future proofing) , 1 pci card(for safety)
cpu utilization of 85%
capacitor aging of 25%
system load of around 80%
regular mobo

u would need 573W

now most of SMPS are 80 plus. so a 750watts would give u ideally 750X.8 = 600w ok its arguable that all 750 watts actually deliver more so a safe bet is 700-750 watts minimum
so u have silverstone, cm or corsair to pic from. you can even try Antec

try out urself solution :)
Thermaltake Power Supply Calculator

use the current CM pro here...
upgrade present machine to..Seasonic Modular Power Supply 850Watt

% efficiency = 100x output/input

80% efficient 750W rated psu shall provide atleast 750W while consuming 750 / 0.8 = 937.5W AC power.

Back