Android Xiaomi Mi3 freedom apk

mrnikhilsudo

Disciple
Xiaomi has 2 ROMS - Stable (No root) and Dev (Root). Phones obviously comes with stable.
But you can root stable as well:
1) Install CWM as guided here: http://en.miui.com/thread-21241-1-1.html (basically download the file, put it in root, and flash via "Updater" app).
2) Download Chainfire's SU from http://download.chainfire.eu/451/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.01.zip , save to root of the device.
3) Boot into recovery (you can select from the menu of the "Updater" app).
4) Flash the SU Zip file (under emulated/0)
5) ??
6) Profit !
Any app requiring root will go through the SU app (so you'll need to grant permissions manually). Do note this will NOT show root permissions in the permission manager, so use Chainfire's SuperSU to manage individual permissions if needed.

Additional:
7) Get WSM tools from http://en.miui.com/thread-8784-1-1.html
8) Install and run. It will ask for installation of Xposed binaries. Grant SU permission (wait for the pop up) and let it install.
9) Reboot.
10) Load WSM again and search for "Mi-tools". Install. All in one verified package for Mi phones. Tweak to your hearts content !
11) ??
12) Double profit ! B)

I will most probably use the dev roms. MIUI has already stated that they "will" provide warranty for rooted phones..... os no problems :)

Now for an important question. Eveyrone here who has an mi3 has ggogle play store installed right. Please check and let me know if the Xiaomi market app is installed in your phone? If not then the dev rom is quite frankly the way to go....besides I need freedom app :D

I will most probably use the dev roms. MIUI has already stated that they "will" provide warranty for rooted phones..... os no problems :)
Now for an important question. Eveyrone here who has an mi3 has ggogle play store installed right. Please check and let me know if the Xiaomi market app is installed in your phone? If not then the dev rom is quite frankly the way to go....besides I need freedom app :D
From what I've read, dev ROMs can be buggy. Luckily, with CWM installed, you can enable True Dual Boot (TDB) and can install stable in 1 partition and dev in other (Mi3 comes with 2 partitions, both having the same ROM, so that if one breaks, you can still both with the other).
And no, no Xiaomi market in the Indian version. I too wanted it ! :(
What's the freedom app ?

From what I've read, dev ROMs can be buggy. Luckily, with CWM installed, you can enable True Dual Boot (TDB) and can install stable in 1 partition and dev in other (Mi3 comes with 2 partitions, both having the same ROM, so that if one breaks, you can still both with the other).
And no, no Xiaomi market in the Indian version. I too wanted it ! :(
What's the freedom app ?

If you have root, just copy the xiaomi market apk from any dev rom for mi3 and put in system/app/ ...change permissions to rwrr and enjoy!.
Its a cook thing to have 2 working partitions :)
just google freedom.apk and the very first link is your answer ....enjoy and you are welcome. :D

Thanks. Installed both ! Mucho Danke ! :p

Dude I cant get supermarket to work using the same method I told you. It shows up in/system/apps but nowhere in the launcher or app settings. Please help me out with what you did and the method of root you used (could be a reason for it not showing up)

Nope this is supermarket. Apk[DOUBLEPOST=1407003206][/DOUBLEPOST]Problem solved. I downloaded the chinese developer rom and used the supermarket.apk from it. It worked. Using the apk from any other dev/stable rom will cause it to crash. I will upload or attach the file here for the benefit of others once I am playing with my phone :D

Last edited:
Yes will upload it[DOUBLEPOST=1407216877][/DOUBLEPOST]Here you go.I also got the miui app for ringtones.[DOUBLEPOST=1407217592][/DOUBLEPOST]You either install into /system/app or just run the apk and install it normally both should work. Has anyone tried out the online music from within the music app?

Attachments

• SuperMarket1.apk.zip
    834.3 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:
Thanks mate. Grabbed it. Its all in Chinese :(
What is this app goood for?
Well, go into settings and change the language to English :D ...

This app is good for apps ;) if you understand what I mean. Lets just say some premium apps end up here accidentally for free. Its one reason why its not included in miuiandroid.com's custom roms.[DOUBLEPOST=1407220492][/DOUBLEPOST]Btw, can anyone share the original Mitalk app here with me. I accidentally installed the chinese version over my own without a backup ..s.tupid of me.

Back