Xiaomi Mi3 launched - Stunning 14k price

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the reason for being a comparatively smaller chinese OEM snd still using a latest Qualcomm silicon becomes clear...
Qualcomm is one of the 8 founding partners in hongmi aka xiaomi

If it also had Dual Sim support... I don't understand why there aren't any Dual Sim Snapdragon 800 devices apart from the Dual Sim variant of the Lenovo Vibe Z

Sometimes back I read this:

"XIAOMI is no giving the kernel source code so NO ONE can make custom roms at the moment"

I don't know the present situation but this is my only grouse against this phone. Else nothing beats this phone at this price IMHO.

I got HTC One X+ at 18k in Jan 2014, and now I feel like Delhi Daredevil owner purchasing Dinesh Kartik at 12 .5 crore.

If it also had Dual Sim support... I don't understand why there aren't any Dual Sim Snapdragon 800 devices apart from the Dual Sim variant of the Lenovo Vibe Z

Looking at the price this thing is going for, asking for dual sim would be a tad too much i think. As mentioned earlier, bringing the phone to Indian market and keeping the cost low despite the taxation, it is no mean achievement.

Maybe with increased onboard memory, they can provide this feature as well. That will truly dent lenovo's designs on the Indian mkt. Atleast with Moto G, things will go awry.

I am wondering at what price will they launch the RedMi Note?

As for the build quality, as far as Ive read in all the sites and heard from friends, Xiaomi phones are some of the most solidly built phones, and the Mi3 in particularly very well built.

As for the MIUI rom, I personally am happy about it. In the times of gingerbread, it was the only good looking rom one could have, with very smooth animations, all the themed settings, the toggles in the status bar, everything (including lockscreen, dialer, toggles) changing with the theme, it was unbeatable at the time (though it needed more resources to run than cm).
And cm before ICS, though was smoothest, was still ugly compared to miui. Also, miui had the best dev support with weekly releases.

^You mean Gionee is bad? I thought Gionee was decent too!

IMO, Gionee is decent at best. Xiaomi is up there with the likes of Oppo, HTC etc. Better build quality than Samsung for instance. I've only really used the Mi2S but it felt really good in hand. Nothing cheap about it at all.

lol
11cd3dv.jpg

AFAIK Xiaomi was known as the iPhone or Apple of Androids because the initial phones shared very similar industrial design and their home screens looked similar.

So the registrations open on the 15th, lets hope these guys can actually deliver their phones once they come in. Don't need another fiasco like that lame company (totally forgetting the name right now)

totally off topic , but I have a question to ask here..
DO you guys remember an indian startup company that wanted to make tablets even before ipad? They even had a blog where they updated about the product. The company was based in bangalore I think? They wanted to use e-ink display and all....

totally off topic , but I have a question to ask here..
DO you guys remember an indian startup company that wanted to make tablets even before ipad? They even had a blog where they updated about the product. The company was based in bangalore I think? They wanted to use e-ink display and all....

Notion Ink? They made tablets, just weren't any good

Yesss! that's the one. Xiaomi is well known compared to them but you never know at this price. Need to stay positive! The only thing I don't like about the Mi3 is additional custom roms and Lack of capacitive buttons. I guess it's worth the tradeoff.

Last edited:
@aka911 : yes, it was Notion Ink. They promised the sky with their Qi- or something-like-that display, rotating camera etc. They also got excellent previews for the mock-ups from sites like engadget. I was very happy that at last an Indian co was breaking in to product category. Too bad, they were an unmitigated disaster.

But Xiaomi has developed a positive reputation like selling out stocks in minutes like that etc.

Looking at the price this thing is going for, asking for dual sim would be a tad too much i think. As mentioned earlier, bringing the phone to Indian market and keeping the cost low despite the taxation, it is no mean achievement.

Maybe with increased onboard memory, they can provide this feature as well. That will truly dent lenovo's designs on the Indian mkt. Atleast with Moto G, things will go awry.

Adding the second Sim support costs almost nothing these days. Most of the dual sim phones are not active dual sim anyway, but dual standby only. Heck they could have a variant with dual Sim and price it 17.5k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back