ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

Tried MX player and it did play the video but the frame rate was very low, the video was slow and audio too was okiesh. But unwatchable.
It was a normal MP4 video clip, 40 min in length and 720 x 404 resolution and yes video file size around 350 MB.
I will probably put this phone for sale on TE. How much to expect for a OLED ZTE Blade with 8GB MicroSD card.
I have the original charger (UK plug point) available but no cable.

Theoretically that video should play about fine. Have you played those kinds of files before on your Blade and been successful? If so, you can try going back to GB for the same. Also, do try out multiple video players like Dice, Moboplayer, Rockplayer and the likes.
Also, in MX Player you played that video in SW Decoder or HW Decoder mode? The former usually gets you better results but depletes battery life faster.

I tried hardware decoder but it said that h/w decoding could not be applied or something. Anyways i am not pondering much about all this. Too much hassle. Currently using my 4S and it plays most of the videos fine.
As it is this ZTE was not actually being used much.

Well in that case, i'd recommend keeping this phone as a backup option. It's also a good way to keep you updated with the Android world as regular updates are provided by the dev community.
I also fear you won't get a decent price for what is almost a 2 year old phone with outdated hardware.

Well in that case, i'd recommend keeping this phone as a backup option. It's also a good way to keep you updated with the Android world as regular updates are provided by the dev community.
I also fear you won't get a decent price for what is almost a 2 year old phone with outdated hardware.

Yeah i keep the phone in my office bag only with a microUSB cable. Just in case someday the iPhone gives up on me. But yes i understand that if one wants to experience android (latest version) in a better way then it is recommended to get a phone with higher specs. Sometimes it feels that the hardware chokes the OS. But kudos to developer community to keep this little phone still alive. I mean when it was released with eclair, who would have thought it would one day get unofficial JB.

But kudos to developer community to keep this little phone still alive. I mean when it was released with eclair, who would have thought it would one day get unofficial JB.
True that.. I thought ICS was gonna be the end of the road, but JB was unexpected. And to find that JB works quite well without much problems was the icing.

BTW I dont know if this will work on blade or not but there is an app called superbeam :) its pretty good alternative to WiFi Direct and if you have NFC devices then its just a bliss like no other for sharing :)

Any place to buy a new battery for this phone ??
I have a zte blade which does not work but has a original battery in it. Interested in the battery ? If you want I can put that battery in a working zte blade to test it for you. You will have to tell me how to test it.
But I am pretty sure this battery hasn't been used in long time as the phone it self had gone bad.

I have a zte blade which does not work but has a original battery in it. Interested in the battery ? If you want I can put that battery in a working zte blade to test it for you. You will have to tell me how to test it.
But I am pretty sure this battery hasn't been used in long time as the phone it self had gone bad.

All i know is check battery health with android dialer using *#*#4636#*#* but it always shows good health for battery so dont know much. Battery may have also gone in deep discharge so check it if it holds charge.

Need help in identifying the exact version of my Dell xcd35. The thing is my screen digitizer had gone bad and does respond in the lowerd right corner of the screen. Also the glass has cracked (due to a fall :p from 3 feet height, although the screen was giving problem before the fall.) Anyways, I visited Dell to look for a replacement, they said that they will be replacing teh whole body without back cover and battery for Rs.2600. I said thats steep but fine, on which they said it will take 4 months! :eek: That's not it, over he said might take over 5 months too!

So I looked for a screen digitizer and bumped into this http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Touch-S...e_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item43b61c255d

Will this be compatible with my Dell XCD35 or not is the question! NEED HELP ASAP! If you have any links from US having compatible digitizer then do forward as my cousin is going to US this month end and I can ask him to get one.

Need help in identifying the exact version of my Dell xcd35. The thing is my screen digitizer had gone bad and does respond in the lowerd right corner of the screen. Also the glass has cracked (due to a fall :p from 3 feet height, although the screen was giving problem before the fall.) Anyways, I visited Dell to look for a replacement, they said that they will be replacing teh whole body without back cover and battery for Rs.2600. I said thats steep but fine, on which they said it will take 4 months! :eek: That's not it, over he said might take over 5 months too!

So I looked for a screen digitizer and bumped into this http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Touch-S...e_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item43b61c255d

Will this be compatible with my Dell XCD35 or not is the question! NEED HELP ASAP! If you have any links from US having compatible digitizer then do forward as my cousin is going to US this month end and I can ask him to get one.

This should be ok as ZTE blade aka xcd 35 is v880 so this should most probably fit on xcd 35

On first look, it appears about right!
You can also contact the seller in case of doubts. Also, 2.6K for that phone is just too much. Try to aim for repairs by either salvaging parts from other Blades or buying from links like above. You can also try to see if anyone on Indian forums has a non-working (but with digitizer intact) ZTE Blade/Dell XCD 35 for sale.

I have a OLED ZTE Blade which was gen 1 and I think I used some sort of TPT method to convert it to gen 2. Also I had at the same time installed CM10.1 jelly bean 4.2.2 ROM.
Now I wish to install a stock ginger bread or any good GB ROM for this phone. How can I install it ?
Do I just download some GB rom and place on SD Card, use CWM to install the zip ?
Do I need to at this point care about the gen1 and gen2 things ?
If yes then which good GB ROM should I download ?

I know many people have given up on this phone and probably even sold it.

Whichever ROM you finalize on, just make sure to read the partition requirements on that ROM thread OP. I am guessing your system partition is 160 MB, which means all GB ROMs can be installed without any issues. Just wipe data/cache before doing so. I had installed JB4.2 on the Blade but it was handicapped in a lot of ways so went back to GB ROMs. Tried a few before settling on MIUI GB ROM as it had a refreshing UI and was quite smooth as well.

@archish

Downloading Swedish snow rsl 7 now. I also downloaded Mr Pigfish from playstore and it says my phone is gen2 so I think that is good.
Will report back after I am done installing Swedish snow RSL7.

how to resolve low storage space issue on this phone? A friend of mine is not able to install more 2-4 apps.

He has ZTE Blade & runs CM 10.1 KonstantKang

how to resolve low storage space issue on this phone? A friend of mine is not able to install more 2-4 apps.

He has ZTE Blade & runs CM 10.1 KonstantKang

Use apps like Link2SD and S2E to move a large part of the apps to the memory card. You can also try partitioning the memory card (usually 0.5-1 GB) and using the same as an extension of the internal memory space. This can be done via CWM. Both the apps I mentioned recognize such a partition and by linking all apps to this space (including data/apk/cache), a lot of internal memory can be saved!

Is there any proper link for the Swedish snow RLS7 ? There is just one hotfile link and the free download speed is pathetic. Any suggestions or alternate links ?

Back