ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

Atleast can it be repaired in local phone repair shop ? Is it just the Mic or some other big issue like board ...? If it's just a Mic it can be replaced easily right ? :)

Defeats the purpose of warranty then.. I would not paid dell the premium to get the mobile else would have got from ebay or sort at a much lower price and maybe the AMOLED version

@v.Na5h, thank you for the links. At first tried out the latest version of CM7 nightly just to get a feel of GB. Loved it. Was reading up more about ICS here and decided to flash it today after just 5 days on CM7. Loving it even more.
@logistopath, referred your posts a couple of pages back on this thread regarding the ColdFusionX and the flashing steps. Flashed it and it's great.
I've got two queries though, in the contacts section all my Gmail contacts are displayed. In the previous stock Froyo and CM7 GB based ROMs, there was an option whereby i could choose to see only those contacts with phone numbers. I cannot locate this option in ICS and this has swelled my contacts list to almost double with email IDs and all. Any suggestions for the same.
Also, the soft keys are nice but i do not really like the feel of the reduced screen real estate. Is it possible to disable them?

Last edited by a moderator:
@eternoMind No idea about your first query, but about the second, check Settings >> System >> Under navigation bar, uncheck the "show navigation bar" option.

Last edited by a moderator:
eternoMind No idea about your first query, but about the second, check Settings >> System >> Under navigation bar, uncheck the "show navigation bar" option.

This might sound strange but there is actually no option like that here. Am using CM9 CFX ROM.
Plus, a couple of apps are not working right and the GPS is dodgy as well.
Any help on these issues?

^^ Am sorry, I am currently on KonstaKang, after I switched over from CFX mainly due to battery drain issues. I thought both had similar menus and settings. Anyway, to answer your query, check this:
[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06] - ZTE Blade / Libra ROMs & ROM customisation - MoDaCo - Page 318

BTW, the developer has said that there will be no further updates for CFX, so it might be better if you shift to some other ROM, especially if you are facing issues with the current one. I would recommend KonstaKang, if you are thinking of making a switch. Great battery life, and no real issues at all.

^^ Thanks for your reply :).

After my last post here, i went through the developer threads and decided to try out KonstaKang in the morning. But saw the ROM zip file size (73 MB) and decided to download and flash immediately. So got Konsta early morning today on my phone. You are right about the settings and menus, both are identical. Only that Konsta feels like a stripped down version of CFX. And yes, i came across that link you have posted after flashing Konsta. But i am happy with this at the moment.

As for CFX, i did face issues with a few apps including SBI and Sportstracker. The former still doesn't work though on Konsta. The KonstaKang developer thread also mentioned that this was the end of the road for ICS on the Blade. The devs seem to be shifting focus to JB.

Can someone please suggest a good dialer and perhaps contact app?
I haven't been able to get the stock apps on ICS to do the job for me (all contacts including mails and all are displayed in the contacts section instead of just the ones with a phone number).

Can someone please suggest a good dialer and perhaps contact app?
I haven't been able to get the stock apps on ICS to do the job for me (all contacts including mails and all are displayed in the contacts section instead of just the ones with a phone number).

For dialer check the app Dialer One, shud work gud.

Does converting a third-party app into a system app a wise thing to do (after deleting a particular system app)? Will it help free up more internal memory? Any free app to do the same? TB will only allow it in PRO version.
Asking cause the internal memory partition on my phone is coming down rapidly even after moving quite a few apps to the SD card. The system partition on the otherhand, has close to 100MB free !!

Why dont you use apps like A2SD or link2sd or s2e... converting apps generally creates no problems .. but the constant updates have to be integrated and apart from the apk the data of the app is still stored in /data and not in /system/app so you only save the space of a small apk file . Assuming that you have a rooted blade .. give the above three methods a try and then stick to which ever you like . Personally i like S2E over others but that's just my opinion.

My blade's microphone is dead , I have heard many complaints about Dell service ... So I have decided it to repair it locally but I couldn't find a replacement Mic online, so plz help me to buy a microphone ... Can anyone tell me where I can buy this stuff.online or local ?

I found these :

http://www.mengtor.com/product_show.php?category=767&pid=5926
And
http://www.euromobile.se/en/zte-blade-microphone.html

But they both won't ship to India :mad:

Note: it's attached to pcb.

My blade's microphone is dead , I have heard many complaints about Dell service ... So I have decided it to repair it locally but I couldn't find a replacement Mic online, so plz help me to buy a microphone ... Can anyone tell me where I can buy this stuff.online or local ?

I found these :

PH-MI-ZE-00001 Microphone for ZTE Blade V880
And
ZTE Blade (U880) Microphone - Euromobile.se

But they both won't ship to India :mad:

Note: it's attached to pcb.

update: got a working phone after exactly 52 days.. (23+29 days)
unless you have a good backup phone or can live w/o a smartphone dont give for dell rma
i you can no harm in trying for replacement

With close to 27 user apps installed, and subsequently moved to the SD card through Link2SD, I had close to 47-50MB space left in the internal storage of my phone. Decided to update the apps today noon through Wi-Fi and after the update am left with a paltry 22-24MB space only. Checked Link2SD and all the originally moved apps are still on the SD card. This means that all the updates seem to have been installed in the internal memory space. At this rate, the updates alone will eat up the remaining space pretty soon. How do i maintain a healthy 40-50MB internal memory free space even after updating the apps regularly?

^ Try linking the dalvik-cache files of all newly re-installed apps in Link2SD. Also, with my experience on the Blade, I've learnt to never update all apps at the same time.

^^
That worked :). Great, have more than 85 MB internal memory space to spare now.

^ Try linking the dalvik-cache files of all newly re-installed apps in Link2SD. Also, with my experience on the Blade, I've learnt to never update all apps at the same time.

Learnt the same now. The update notification was popping up for quite a while and i kept delaying it till doing it in one go over Wi-Fi at home.

Back