ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

Flashed the latest update of ColdfusionX yesterday night. Coming from SS RLS6, it was a big change in the positive direction. ICS seems to be way better than GB. Is there any app that can be considered a must have for ICS?

Flashed the latest update of ColdfusionX yesterday night. Coming from SS RLS6, it was a big change in the positive direction. ICS seems to be way better than GB. Is there any app that can be considered a must have for ICS?
Can you run me through the steps on how you did this ? Also i am not sure what my memory size is so dont know whether i need to repartition the system or not and whether there is a one shot file that can do everything and install ICS as well ?
Also did you take any app as backup in GB ROM and then restored back in ICS ? Because i have this ICICI Bank app which i cannot afford to loose (login details have been stored) else i am at mercy of local ICICI customer care to access my bank account (cannot get the PIN on phone).

Btw do i check the existing partition size in my blade. Th last time i did TPT was when i wanted to install GB and there was this TPT from wbaw on modaco, still i need to do TPT ?

@raksrules: You can check the size of your phone partitions using the app "freespace". For ICS, at least 185MB system partition is recommended. Many people recommend creating your own partition layout using the partition layout tool that is available on XDA. But I got some error with one of the files, so I used the TPT image provided here:
ZTE Blade TPTs

I used the G1-G2v10 stock TPT, given that my mobile was a Gen 1 device. Also download the copy of ICS ROM that you want to flash, along with the latest gapps file.

1. The TPT file, when extracted gives a folder named "image", with many files in it. You just need to copy this folder to your SD card root. ALso copy the ROM and gapps file to your SD card.
2. Power off the mobile and then power on while holding vol + button and menu button. The partition will be modified within a couple of minutes, and will reboot into clockworkmod.
3. FLash the ROM, and then the Gapps. Reboot.
4. Done.

THere is no one shot file that can repartition and install ICS. It is a two step process.
I have not tried restoring an app from GB into ICS. But I don't think there should be any problem. You can reinstall the ICICI app from its site, and opt to restore the data alone from titanium backup. It might work that way. (P.S: Take a nandroid backup, and a Titanium backup; note existing partition sizes and the do the upgrade. Worst case, you will need to repartition back to earlier sizes and restore the nandroid backup & titanium backup.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the detailed reply. I shall try and let everyone know.
logistopath
Which exact TPT did you use from the list on that link ? Mine is a old blade which was converted to Gen 2 (IIRC) using wbaw's TPT but that was long long ago. Which exact link did you download (TPT zip and not the ROM zip) for installing the coldfusion ICS on your blade ?

Edit: What happened to my eyes...did check you have already mentioned the TPT you used.

Installed ICS on my blade. Exploring the OS now.
Edit: How do I manage the space with ICS ROM installed ? I installed app2sd and link2sd but it does not help in transferring all the apps to card (some of which can be transferred )

Installed ICS on my blade. Exploring the OS now.
Edit: How do I manage the space with ICS ROM installed ? I installed app2sd and link2sd but it does not help in transferring all the apps to card (some of which can be transferred )

Any way to increase the internal memory partition after installing the ICS rom ? The 200 MB is not that great.

Guys I somehow messed up my SMS message centre number and I cannot send messages. Weird I can't find the setting to update it and upon some google I found this *#*#4636#*#* > phone information > update SMSC and it gives update error.

I am in 15/5/2012 ROM ColdFusionX. So is this a bug/ anyone experienced it ?

Anyone using the latest ROM with ColdFusionX settings have seen the message center option anywhere. I just wanna know beforehand if flashing latest ROM helps

Any way to increase the internal memory partition after installing the ICS rom ? The 200 MB is not that great.

You will need to TPT again. Use KonstaKang CM9 build if you need more space for data partition and there is all in one TPT zip also which installs the rom after TPT with only 138mb for system partition.

You will need to TPT again. Use KonstaKang CM9 build if you need more space for data partition and there is all in one TPT zip also which installs the rom after TPT with only 138mb for system partition.

But then i cannot install Cold Fusion X right ? I am not keen on any specific ROM and if this Kang works good i am ok with that too.
Does the Kang ROM have a smaller cache. I remember that while installing GB before, there was this way where the cache was redirected to system memory or something and actual cache was just 2 MB or so (currently with Cold fusion it is upward of 30 MB).

@raksrules
KonstaKang all in one TPT rom the cache is 2mb cache. CFX if you TPT with wbaw 160mb partition then you get 2mb cache there aswell.
All the ICS roms as of now are mostly same with same issues as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
raksrules
KonstaKang all in one TPT rom the cache is 2mb cache. CFX if you TPT with wbaw 160mb partition then you get 2mb cache there aswell.
All the ICS roms as of now are mostly same with same issues as well.

Did what you told and i now have lots of space with cache getting reduced and system too dropped down. Thanks a lot.

Okay I got some preliminary doubts regarding ICS ROM. I am currently running my Blade on CM7.1 stable

1. Which one is recommended? Also why? I am thinking of CM9 kang or CFX.

2. I own a gen2 Blade. Do I need to TPT? The memory layout as Titanium backup says is:

System ROM: 230MB
Internal: 170MB
SD Card: 2GB

3. Also after installing how much internal memory do I get?

A direct link to the ROM would be great though I have modoco links :)

Back