ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

Yup Will do that. Also , have downloeaded the 37Mb cache version in case things go bad.

There's really no need of a cache version if you're gonna be installing a CM rom. It redirects cache to data anyway.

Are you sure about the data part? Shouldn't it be 197 odd?

It should actually come to 243mb based on the sizes of the stock gen2 partitions when reducing cache to 2mb and oem to 0, but these were the figures i got from ricardo's partitioning tool. It's not a straight plus-minus calculation. there are other factors involved when resizing i think.

There's really no need of a cache version if you're gonna be installing a CM rom. It redirects cache to data anyway.

Yes . I have created the partition and have download all what is required to Flash .

Cache : 2 MB

OEM : 0 MB

Data : 218 MB

System : 220 MB

Go for it man!

Maybe make a CWM backup of ur existing system before doing anything.

Note that to restore this backup you will have to restore your partitions to the current sizes first. So make a note of the sizes (or save the freespace screenshot) before you repartition.

Go for it man!

Maybe make a CWM backup of ur existing system before doing anything.

Note that to restore this backup you will have to restore your partitions to the current sizes first. So make a note of the sizes (or save the freespace screenshot) before you repartition.

Thanks mate for the info.

Lemme post here
<
. That will be the best Back up

220 Mb System

37 Mb Cache

170 MB Internal

Used on both Wifi & 2G , Worked . Did not make any calls
sad.gif

Fring is mostly used for VOIP calls. It worked on my phone when I had ColdFusion X, but would disconnect as soon as I tried calling someone. I save over 300 bucks (on calls) per week due to Fring as most of my closest friends have installed it too.

I used viber ...anything better than that ??

Viber and Tango have never really worked well for me. Frequent call drops, voice clarity, etc. were some of the issues I faced on them. They may work well for others, but for my needs, I found Fring to be a better alternative.

For those who are still on GB rom, heres a freshly baked CM 7.2 kernel+wifi :)
--------------------
For long time I been looking for a kernel with all optimized patches for blade... SS RLS7 was one which had all the stable patches from burstlam and wbaw git hub. So after little fiddling finally I made my first kernel compile
smile.png

Battery life should better than stock cm7 kernel and minor issues like cpu spy not working in Sejis kernel build should be also fixed. Kernel + Wifi Patches.
Apply at your own risk
tongue.png

make nandroid backup before applying if you need.

http://www.mediafire...r88kr2m1ipbqy6o
MD5: ba4bcb0bc3b4b8d949d6975c6f432cbc

Patch it via CWR

Supports 3mp and 5mp blades.

Based on KonstaT git hub, which is based on burstlam and wbaw git hub.
Kernel features:
-overclock support
-AHB overclock
-undervolted CPU & wifi adapter
-overclocked GPU and AXI bus
-EXT4, TUN, CIFS, etc...
-support for 2-way-call-recording
-governors: minmax, InteractiveX, lagfree, SmartassV2, SavagedZen, conservative, powersave, ondemand, performance
-I/O schedulers: noop, deadline, vr, bfq, cfq, sio
-much more...

Original thanks to KonstaT, burstlam and wbaw....

I am looking to get a used android for ~5k, Posted a thread in WTB section. Link Below

http://www.techenclave.com/want-buy-products/want-android-good-condition-within-132128/

Someone suggested me the IDEA ZTE Blade for 5.9K, Link Below.

BRAND NEW IDEA ZTE BLADE | ONE YR MANUFACTURER WARRANTY | eBay

but as my budget is low and will be using it for just 4-5 months, i am thinking of getting a used one.

so came to this thread for asking some suggestion on how is it in this price range. can you suggest any other phone....?

Any one looking to sell their blade can PM me.

Thanks in advance.

^ You won't get a very good (read high-specced) used phone in that price range. The Idea Blade has only 256MB of RAM, however it's still better than other phones in its price range and has a few custom ROMs as well.

^ You won't get a very good (read high-specced) used phone in that price range. The Idea Blade has only 256MB of RAM, however it's still better than other phones in its price range and has a few custom ROMs as well.

thanks for the suggestion, and will a used Dell XCD 35 be fine @6k over this IDEA Blade....?

If it's an 8.5 or 9 out of 10, then definitely yes. The extra 256MB RAM and plethora of custom ROMs are good enough reasons that warrant this.

If it's an 8.5 or 9 out of 10, then definitely yes. The extra 256MB RAM and plethora of custom ROMs are good enough reasons that warrant this.
Ok, thanks for the prompt reply got a 5 Months used Dell XCD 35 at good price.....
As i am completely new for modding or cooking custom roms, will come back here for the basics....;)

ok got a GEN 2 Dell xcd 35 with stock 2.2, need to upgrade to a stable custom rom, i will try to install 2 to 3 roms which are good and see the performance and stick to the one which suites me.

so please suggest a good GB rom and a ICS rom (If any stable)...

@satishinti You can try out Swedish Snow RLS7 (by far the most stable version of GB) or ColdfusionX rom for ICS. I'm currently living with the SS and I find it sufficient for my use, with good battery backup and very little bugs.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok got a GEN 2 Dell xcd 35 with stock 2.2, need to upgrade to a stable custom rom, i will try to install 2 to 3 roms which are good and see the performance and stick to the one which suites me.

so please suggest a good GB rom and a ICS rom (If any stable)...

The latest CM7 nightlies from targetbsp are stable and the best GB ROMs, in my opinion. If you can live with the 1-2 limitations of the current CM9 ROMs, then ColdFusion X is the ROM for you.

Back