ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

http://amphoras.co.uk/index.php/downloads/blade-tpts

I would suggest a 210/220mb system partition so you can just install anything instead of deleting $hit and using mini gapps.

none of the tpt's in the list above has a system parition above 180 mb AND a small (2mb) cache partition, so i would suggest creating your own tpt: http://www.modaco.com/topic/337426-gen1gen2partition-layout-tool-windows-only/page__p__1672015__hl__partition__fromsearch__1#entry1672015

Make a 2mb cache, 210 or 220mb system and the rest data. no need for oem.

Formatting system partition option is in the mounts & storage section of CWM.

Thanks for the Links guys
<

Okay Guys .

I am going to narrow down the steps :-

1. Make my TPT and update the Firmware.

2. Flash the ROM

3. Let the Phone start and again reboot into recovery and install GAPPS.

4. Let it sit on launcher !

Am I missing something ?

i dunno why you cant install gapps immediately after installing the rom without rebooting. dunno how it makes a diff.

Well the steps said so in Modaco so will go with that .

may be an issue with stabilization or something .

Looks Good ? Will flash tomorrow night.

Thanks for the input guys
<

#[member='xtremevicky']

Aren't you using a Gen 2 XCD35? That phone already has the 220MB partition by default. I know that I didn't have to play with this TPT partition crap when I installed ColdFusion X on my phone.

#[member='arun687']

By any chance, are you using Fring on this ROM? I am dying to get back to ICS, but the non functioning of Fring is keeping me away
<

I flashed the 10/05 update twice but still getting "Unfortunately,the process com.android.phone has stopped" any idea's how to fix this?

I forgot to wipe while flashing.
54645.gif

#[member='xtremevicky']

Aren't you using a Gen 2 XCD35? That phone already has the 220MB partition by default. I know that I didn't have to play with this TPT partition crap when I installed ColdFusion X on my phone.

How do I check my phone's partition ?
<

indifferent14.gif

Titanium Backup is a good way to check your storage memory details. Its main (overview) page gives information about the phone's internal storage, ROM and SD card details.

Storage :

Total Space : 162 Mb.

If this is your data storage space (which reduces after installing new apps), you've already got a 220MB partition and need not worry about TPTing the phone.

People have installed CFX in 160mb partitions too. Only prob is if you're not aware of space requirements and don't delete enough stuff to fit properly into your smaller partition, you will have issues when the system partition is completely full. That's why a 185mb partition is recommended minimum and 210/220 so that you can install anything without having to worry.

indifferent14.gif

To check your partition sizes go to terminal emulator, run su to get root access, and the type df -h to see your partition sizes. The info may be hard to understand so just install this app instead. https://play.google....freespace&hl=en

People have installed CFX in 160mb partitions too. Only prob is if you're not aware of space requirements and then delete enough stuff to fit properly into your smaller partition, you will have issues when the system partition is completely full. That's why a 185mb partition is recommended minimum and 210/220 so that you can install anything without having to worry.

Yes, Julian I understand what you're saying. But this was mainly for those who had Gen 1 phones with the default 160MB system partition or those with Gen 2 phones who TPT-ed their phones to get more space for data. By default, all Gen 2 Blades/XCD35s came with 210/220 system partition and don't need to go through the TPT process while installing an ICS ROM like Coldfusion X or the AOKP-based ones.

Not using Fring. Will install it and check to see if it's working and update you by tonight.

Thanks a ton!
<
The thing is that the app used to 'work' when I had installed it on my Coldfusion ROM. By work, I mean it would open and even show my Fring contacts as online but as soon as I'd call them, it would get disconnected, regardless of a strong Wifi or 2G signal.

Yes, Julian I understand what you're saying. But this was mainly for those who had Gen 1 phones with the default 160MB system partition or those with Gen 2 phones who TPT-ed their phones to get more space for data. By default, all Gen 2 Blades/XCD35s came with 210/220 system partition and don't need to go through the TPT process while installing an ICS ROM like Coldfusion X or the AOKP-based ones.

Ok, i didn't quite get what you were saying earlier. But still, anyone should first check their partitions before installing. I had no idea #[member='xtremevicky'] had an xcd. But there's one thing. A stock gen2 partition layout has a 37mb cache and a 4mb OEM partition, which is 41mb wasted. Custom roms like cm7 redirect cache to data so the space can be better used in the data partition. So ideally the partition layout should be as follows: 210mb system, 228mb data, 2mb cache, 0mb oem.

Btw, a friend went to pune last weekend and found that vodafone roaming wouldn't work. He switched to his backup of SSrls7 and everything was fine. Weird bugs in CFX.

Thanks #[member='Julian'] and #[member='Xavier']

Titanium and that app has confirmed that my system partition is 220MB .

Cache is 37Mb but
<

Back