ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

U welcome.

Try and get a dell xcd35. Even if it costs 1k more than the idea it's worth it in comparison. Dunno why it's still so friggin expensively priced in india. typical rip off market of ours. Last it was selling for £67 at Argos uk. http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/orange-san-francisco-mobile-phone-white-back-stock-66-98-argos-ebay-1203246

Looks like you can still get it for ~£80 at orange uk. http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phones/phones/phoneDetails.jsp?productId=prod2160151

Dammit! Just flashed yesterday!
cry.gif

So fixed cam preview is not yet in a CFX rom right? when it is, it will be on the first post na? any point in trying sej's cm9 or some other build? or just stfu and stick happily to cfx?

Something funny, after installing the latest full gapps (20120422), I had no gmail - had to download from market, and also where's the face unlock etc? For a full 50mb gapps, there seems to be very little. or did i do a boo-boo?

p.s. nice triple post btw
yay.gif

try the akop-cm9 remix by burstlam...

camera is fixed and no batter drain issuses

but there is a serious bug though - the screen doesnt wake up during the incoming call...and you need to press the power key several times to show the caller

but there is a serious bug though - the screen doesnt wake up during the incoming call...and you need to press the power key several times to show the caller

I gather this is NOT the old proximity bug?

Oh wait, that was on cm7, and fixed right?

How much time are you guys getting on continuous usage from 100% to empty battery? I'm getting around 4 hours thinking of getting a new battery.....

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk 2

Today i installed Cm7.2 RC1 and they removed the soft buttons feature in it. Any idea how to get them or should i revert back to 7.2 kang??

#[member='Julian'] #v.Na5h

Can anyone send me a link to CM 7.2 RC1 Kang build with soft keys..??

This is targetbsp's build, one of the latest. http://blade.windows98.co.uk/. Very nice. But no soft keys.

You will have to dig around the forums for a softkey patch for cm7.

I think swedish snow has the softkeys built in if you can live without the cm7 settings. i couldn't...

#[member='challapradyumna'] You should check out Swedish Snow, like Julian has mentioned. It has soft keys, and is also a really stable ROM. Also, I get at least one full day's time on complete charge, with data enabled (EDGE). 3G drains the battery like nothing else. I use 3G only when at home connected to a charger.

#[member='Julian'] Any particular CM7 settings that you are a fan of?

There's a whole load of settings i do when flashing a new build, can't really list them all out, i'll try and make a list later sometime. but one thing that quickly comes to mind is the lack of the t-mobile theme engine, which is why i switched to targetbsp's build yesterday from swedish snow. maybe there's a way to do the same thing on SS, but i didn't have the time to find out.

try the akop-cm9 remix by burstlam...

camera is fixed and no batter drain issuses

Try flashing the newest 6.3 rom by burstlam , camera is fixed now and the screen wake problem is fixed too ... i still get ~2 sec delay for screen to wake up when a call comes , but i guess thats coz of setCPU profile (underclocked when screen off ) . no battery drain , but i still used to get much more battery with gingerbread roms .

Try flashing the newest 6.3 rom by burstlam , camera is fixed now and the screen wake problem is fixed too ... i still get ~2 sec delay for screen to wake up when a call comes , but i guess thats coz of setCPU profile (underclocked when screen off ) . no battery drain , but i still used to get much more battery with gingerbread roms .

waiting for 6.4 to release which will include omx

btw just flashed cfx 9may build...

Thanks . Can you give me a link to format system ? It says 185 Mb Partition.

http://amphoras.co.uk/index.php/downloads/blade-tpts#v10f

Here's the list of all TPTs for blade. Choose the one as per your requirement. Be careful and choose according to what generation phone you've. If you've bought the phone as a gen 1 Blade (and upgraded before using TPT), then G1-G2 TPTs are safe, but if you bought it as a gen2 Blade, I'm not sure.

ColdfusionX with mini GAPPS should fit within 180mb system.

Back