ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

Okay I found the culprit. The Wi-Fi doesn't run properly. After turning on my wifi, when I enter the wifi settings to conenct to my home wifi network it crashes and turns off the wifi. HELP!!

format mobile again . and this time while restoring omit the wifi settings from getting restored. BTW newer titanium backups have a lot of issues of hanging while restore and what not. And about the market try clearing out cache and related data under than manage apps option.

format mobile again . and this time while restoring omit the wifi settings from getting restored. BTW newer titanium backups have a lot of issues of hanging while restore and what not. And about the market try clearing out cache and related data under than manage apps option.

Reinstalled the Cyanogenmod 7.1 stable using Clockworkmod and did the work. Didn't restore any backup except for couple of apps!
<
Just had one issue the ADWlanucher crashed. Rebooted and its proper now
<

thanks for the help
<

Finally blade gets official CM9 support..

Check modaco for details
Which specific thread you talking about mate? There's like 4 of them.

It's no fun wading through 100+ page threads trying to find useful info...

Call me lazy but i would rather thank v.Na5h with all my heart for the link
tongu23e.gif

LOL yeah! "I promise to pay the poster a sum of ONE (1) thanks"
gap.gif

Seriously, this is getting crazy.

I had got 2 OSFs from the UK, one for me and another for a friend. Well my cuz (forcibly) bought mine and luckily is in dubai and doesn't demand much support at all. It's running some old CM7 nightly. But the other friend lives nearby and while very technically inclined, is way too busy for fora ROM browsing. So i keep an eye out and recommend decent roms to him. But now it's getting a bit overwhelming having to keep track of Rom devpt. for a phone i don't even technically have.

In the meantime, I bought an xperia play and am very satisfied with the phone itself, but the development isn't all that great, say not even half as good as what the blade has. After some time i've pretty much given up and just optimized the stock ROM, which isn't too bad and am patiently waiting (you listening sony??!!) for the official ICS rom which should come out in the next month or two.

Now here's where it gets really bad. A friend wanted a mid range phone and after some consideration we decided to settle on a defy+. He uses a lot of smartphone features, can call him a power user but isn't technically inclined. So i was like, how bad can it be, i'll just get him a decent rom and that's that. The nightmare began. Motorola has one of the worst and most locked down systems ever imaginable for an android mobile and if i'd known the details beforehand wouldn't even have recommended one of their phones. Really it's so bad that Devs have even stopped trying to root their subsequent updates and are asking users to sign petitions and boycott buying moto phones if they don't stop with their crap. Motorola's eFuses are one of the worst technologies ever invented (not by them that too!) and gives me cold sweats and shivers in my sleep like i've watched 4 horror movies back to back.

And even if unlocked and opened as much as possible, both sony and moto don't allow direct access to the partitions and system like our blade does, so it requires wierd hacks like installing a custom recovery into the system partition. Kinda like an app instead of replacing the stock recovery. Still devs are enterprising and it's surprising they've been able to do as much as they have. Bottom line-you bladers don't realize how good and easy you have it!

/longpost...

Which specific thread you talking about mate? There's like 4 of them.

It's no fun wading through 100+ page threads trying to find useful info...

Agree with you.

Call me lazy but i would rather thank v.Na5h with all my heart for the link
tongu23e.gif

LOL yeah! "I promise to pay the poster a sum of ONE (1) thanks"
gap.gif

check the last posts of this thread

http://android.modac...de/page__st__60

here the gerrit

http://review.cyanog....com/#/c/14768/

its not completely official yet...

they say everything now depends on OpenMAX API availability for armv6 ICS

which is needed for hw decoding for x264...which may fix all the issues like non working camera,video recording

and getting the api would be difficult since its not open source and requires a huge license fee for mobile manufacturers to include it...

What's the difference between what these guys are doing in this thread and tilal's coldfusion?

And isn't [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]OpenMAX opensource? Did you mean that the api would have to come from the chip manufacturer?[/font]

guys i also own a blade and love it to the core .. only 1 thing haunts me and thts terrible audio output while using headfones .

Any remedy for this ??

This prblm is gonna force me to sell this off and invest in smthn else which i really dont want to
sign42.gif

Need some help.

My blade has some CM7 nightly installed. The GPS lock takes lot of time and since I use my blade dedicatedly as GPS unit, this

really bothers me. Can anyone suggest me a good ROM which has very fast GPS lock. I am talking about offline gps and not google maps.

Need some help.

My blade has some CM7 nightly installed. The GPS lock takes lot of time and since I use my blade dedicatedly as GPS unit, this

really bothers me. Can anyone suggest me a good ROM which has very fast GPS lock. I am talking about offline gps and not google maps.

what is the gps lock time for you at the moment? there is wbaw gps fix available but I havent applied it yet, for me gps gets locked in 30 seconds max outdoors in SS Rls7

anyone ??

have you tried DSP manager available in cm7?

But seriously I dont find the audio to be that terrible on stock rom gb 2.3.5 rom..

what is the gps lock time for you at the moment? there is wbaw gps fix available but I havent applied it yet, for me gps gets locked in 30 seconds max outdoors in SS Rls7

More than 10 minutes. Seriously. If i am supposed to go somewhere outside where i need GPS, i place the mobile in balcony and keep the GPS on, 15 minutes before i leave. Was coming back from airport 4 days back and placed the phone on car's dashboard and got a GPS lock after i had travelled half of the distance while the iPhone picked up GPS in matter of seconds.

More than 10 minutes. Seriously. If i am supposed to go somewhere outside where i need GPS, i place the mobile in balcony and keep the GPS on, 15 minutes before i leave. Was coming back from airport 4 days back and placed the phone on car's dashboard and got a GPS lock after i had travelled half of the distance while the iPhone picked up GPS in matter of seconds.

try this app first, change the server to your nearest location.

https://play.google....ouble.FasterFix

I think you are confusing something here, for getting a gps lock you don't need internet.

The above app only changes the ntp server.

Once you have changed the server you can use app like below to clear the gps data and while connected to net download the gps data one time to get faster gps lock in future.

https://play.google....psim.gpsstatus2

I did the above step only once till now after I installed the ROM and it locks in every time without any issue outdoors.

I think you are confusing something here, for getting a gps lock you don't need internet.

The above app only changes the ntp server.

Once you have changed the server you can use app like below to clear the gps data and while connected to net download the gps data one time to get faster gps lock in future.

https://play.google....psim.gpsstatus2

I did the above step only once till now after I installed the ROM and it locks in every time without any issue outdoors.

Ok got what you are saying. Will try this and report back.

Been using Tilal's last version of ColdFusion X for quite sometime now. I'm totally happy with this ROM and don't want to go back to GB, but will have to
<
The thing is that everything works fine on this ROM except Fring and that is a deal breaker for me.

Back