ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

The latest CM7 nightlies from targetbsp are stable and the best GB ROMs, in my opinion. If you can live with the 1-2 limitations of the current CM9 ROMs, then ColdFusion X is the ROM for you.
Ok so ColdFusion X it is...will try this first and if it is good will continue with it else will go with CM7 nightlies....Links please....:)

and i am entirely new to android, can someone tell me the minimal procedure for rooting, i am considering this....How to root Dell XCD35 - ZTE Blade / Libra ROMs & ROM customisation - MoDaCo

any prerequisites or apps to install before doing this....?

will come back again for custom rom installation procedure......:unsure:

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

and what are the limitations or the major bugs in CM9 ColdFusion X....?

guys plz help out ..
i left my fone on floor yesterday and some water spilled over later i checked the fone it was working fine. Today morning when i woke up it was dead. I wraped it up in a newspaper and put in a bowl of rice so tht any water left may be drained out. Now when i plugged in a charger it started and is working fine but as soon as i take out the charger it dies :( :( .. wt is wrong with it ??
any help will be appreciated .

guys plz help out ..
i left my fone on floor yesterday and some water spilled over later i checked the fone it was working fine. Today morning when i woke up it was dead. I wraped it up in a newspaper and put in a bowl of rice so tht any water left may be drained out. Now when i plugged in a charger it started and is working fine but as soon as i take out the charger it dies :( :( .. wt is wrong with it ??
any help will be appreciated .

seems to be a battery issue

1. Installed CFX yesterday....but having multiple reboots every now and then..... what could be the issue,

2. Have a backup of the stock 2.2 on CWM Rom manager, will get back to it

3. Can someone tell me the steps to do a fresh installation of CFX by wiping all the previous data on phone and sd card.

4. Is it compulsory to do a TPT partitioning for the CFX, as i have a GEN 2 with 220 Mb system memory.
The previous installation was done without any partitioning.

I am having an issue of random reboot 5-6 times a day...

• Have a ZTE Blade (Re-branded Dell XCD 35 ) GEN 2 on Stock 2.2 rom. Never used TPT on it.
  • I had the random reboot issue even while on standby (i.e no app crash) on the stock 2.2 rom for 5-6 times every day.
  • This is without a Micro SD, after installing a 8 GB sandisk micro sd also i am having the same issue.
  • Rooted and Installed CM 7 Stable, issue still there
  • Wipe and installed CM9 CFX (ICS), issue still there (more reboots ~8-9)
  • Wipe and installed CM 7 Nightly , issue still there.
Please suggest me a solution...

All the explanation above was given referring to this thread ZTE reboots itself almost everyday... - ZTE Blade / Libra - Blade.MoDaCo.com - MoDaCo - Page 2

Re-posting the same issue here..

I am planning to change my Blade's ROM to ICS. Which ROM should i go for and what steps i need to do ? Have not done ROM installation since past few months so do not know. Read somewhere that it needs 185 MB partition and i do not know whether my blade has that or not. If not then how do i do that partition ? Is there some sort of 1 shot file which does everything(we did have that for GB ROM).

Also is ICS better on blade than the GB ROMs ? I have CM7 (build not known) installed currently.
Also can i take backup of few of my important apps like ICICI Bank etc using Titanium backup and restore back on ICS ROM ?

called up dell exclusive store in delhi and guy on the fone quoted 2800 for the battery ..:hail:.. I said i am not asking for a lap battery its a mobile . He said I know.
I was like " thanks a lot ".. daym .. guys plz help me get a battery for my blade

called up dell exclusive store in delhi and guy on the fone quoted 2800 for the battery ..:hail:.. I said i am not asking for a lap battery its a mobile . He said I know.
I was like " thanks a lot ".. daym .. guys plz help me get a battery for my blade

So should i go ahead and recheck with the idea/blade svc ?

Seriously, you should make a formal complaint. No matter how crap our govt is, i'm sure there's some dept to handle such issues. When the idea/blade svc can sell a battery for 550 with bill, then how can these dell futhermockers ask for so much and get away with it?

p.s. the store might BS, why not ask the service center?

So should i go ahead and recheck with the idea/blade svc ?

Seriously, you should make a formal complaint. No matter how crap our govt is, i'm sure there's some dept to handle such issues. When the idea/blade svc can sell a battery for 550 with bill, then how can these dell futhermockers ask for so much and get away with it?

p.s. the store might BS, why not ask the service center?

I have asked the service centre and they say that they cant sell the battery even if they have it in stock and my fone's accessories are out of warranty so they cant replace my battery either. If possible plz check with ur idea/blade centre.

I am planning to change my Blade's ROM to ICS. Which ROM should i go for and what steps i need to do ? Have not done ROM installation since past few months so do not know. Read somewhere that it needs 185 MB partition and i do not know whether my blade has that or not. If not then how do i do that partition ? Is there some sort of 1 shot file which does everything(we did have that for GB ROM).

Also is ICS better on blade than the GB ROMs ? I have CM7 (build not known) installed currently.
Also can i take backup of few of my important apps like ICICI Bank etc using Titanium backup and restore back on ICS ROM ?

Anyone ?

Back