ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

avi said:
Not a big problem for me and I am okay with these :)
how do you find it's camera & music ? and also touch response ?
Camera is not upto the mark. Music is decent. Touch response is amazing.

The touch response of this phone is amazing (can rival ipad/iphone) but i felt it deteriorated after i installed jellyfish.

BTW: Big update: OFFICIAL FROYO SOURCE CODE FOR THIS HAS BEEN RELEASED BY ZTE. So by late tonight expect a stable froyo rom.

Edit: looks like whole world is downloading it.. Getting only 4kBps.

Yes the new kernel source is released and devs have already started incorporating it to their ROMS. This should fix almost all the issues, I'm just waiting for feedback to see if the lockscreen freeze issue is resolved and if it is, then I'm moving to Froyo finally. :D

Japanese Jellyfish and DeSoftened ROM both have got the new kernel update already.

The headphones volumes of ZTE are low and I think it has to do something with the design of headphone's earpiece as well. Inserting the earpiece in an inverted fashion such that it covers most part of ear drum ( just like an IEM) solves the sound problem to a large extent.

Regarding volume while listening the radio using Androko's radio application v 0.5, please note that hardware keys don't work for volume control. You have to control volume using the green circular slider. Further the leftmost speaker button, meant for switching between headphone and speaker mode, is not working currently.

More observations. No single video player seems to be able to handle all video files smoothly. The videos downloaded from youtube in flv format and divx avi play only in vplayer smoothly. Mp4 video play in almost all player but gives best performance with mplayer. Rockplayer seems to be able to play all video (including mkv) files, but no one satisfactorily. So if a video doesn't plays anywhere, most probably you can see it contents in rockplayer.

SO must have video apps, my recommendations, for this phone will be mvideoplayer, Rockplayer and vplayer. I've tried doubletwist and yxplayer as well.

in market, u can see two trial versions. One is vplayer (trial) and other is vplayer general trial. One of these works. Pm me if still unable to install.

It seems that every week we see news that we will get a perfect froyo rom the next week. Wonder if it will finally come this week. Keeping my fingers crossed :D

hey Guys..just got my Grey Oled version ..

picked up by a friend from an Orange store during Christmas..

unlocked already..now need a screen protector..heard it is compatible with i900 screen protector, but i900 is 3.2", and San Francisco is 3.5"..please suggest

^ Congrats :) Heard it's fine because the glass area is same on both.

BTW, been running on JJ RLS7 for a few days now and absolutely pleased with it. Battery life is ~20% better for me than 2.1 and there's almost no battery drain when on stand by. Lasts for about 48 hrs with mild use or 36 hrs with normal use. Just now installed Gingerbread theme as well. Will recommend people on 2.1 to upgrade now. :)

am thinking of running stock rom for a day..will then change to custom rom..let me know which rom to use for 2.1 & 2.2..

Back