1.1.4 Firmware out for iPhone

MAGNeT

Skilled
Appears to primarily contain bug fixes

Apple has released version 1.1.4 firmware for the iPhone. While the 1.1.3 update contained some new enhancements and features, 1.1.4 seems to contain more “bug fixes†than anything else. Apple isn’t saying much about what is contained in the 1.1.4 firmware.

For those that have their iPhones unlocked, you should likely wait to apply the new firmware until the community has time to digest what all is contained in the new firmware and how it will effect your unlocked iPhone.

We expect that we will be hearing more about the 1.1.4 firmware in the days ahead.

Fudzilla - 1.1.4 Firmware out for iPhone

funny bit people are already using it all over the world. cracked already lol they forgot to fix a main bug it seems hehe

It's just been jailbreaked and activated. Not yet unlocked. So all of us not in the US using AT&T will just have to wait a few more days before we can upgrade to 1.1.4!! I for one am waiting for it mainly for the SMS order bug in 1.1.3! It's really annoying!!!

i already have a unlocked,jailbreaked,activated, 1.1.2iphone running...ill prob use ziphone to update it to 1.1.3...or should i wait for 1.1.4 unlock to come out 1st??

2.5 will take your bootloader to 3.9 and I am sure the plain ziphone -a -j -u works anymore without downgrading bootloader. So if you want to retain bootloader at 4.6 you have to think carefully before carrying on, there are other ways to get this done.

With firmware 114 ziphone 2.5 WILL downgrade your bootloader to 3.9.

There is no other choice unlike firmware 113 and pre Ziphone 2.4 where you could unlock without downgrading bootloader and your baseband would be downgraded to 4.02.

You can't unlock otherwise with Ziphone 2.5 because it can't/doesn't downgrade baseband to 4.02 so 'ziphone -a -j -u' will NOT work in Ziphone 2.5.

There are workarounds for 114 by activating and jailbreaking with Ziphone 2.5 and unlocking with ziphone 2.3. If you are on a mac you can use iNdependence which works as advertised for firmware 114 retaining your bootloader at 4.6 but downgrading baseband to 4.02..

This is not an argument for bootloader 3.9 or 4.6 just that users should be able to make informed choices and know what they are doing when they use the latest ziphone.

Back