1.5T A/C - Panasonic, Daikin, Hitachi, OGeneral - Sub 35k - Ratings be damned

I think you could manage in 1.2L

O'General A/Cs are generally worth it, but as I have been told Hitachi falls in the same league, so why don't you check them out too.

Atleast they look a bit better that O'General and performance is at par with better pricing.
how's maintenance for Hitachi? the brands wouldn't matter much for me if the machine is great.

AFAIK Hitachi has one of the best service record in the premium AC brands and a better network than O'General.

The best model I know about in Hitachi is Ace Cutout which is a 5* model with a very nice cooling capacity. The 1.5T one has 18500 BTU of cooling and costs around 37K plus installation and the sound level stands at 34db at its lowest fan setting, which is lower than any figures I have seen thus far.

The same model from last year costs 30K in reliance digital with no feature/spec difference that I could find.

Thank you for all the help guys.

I finally bought Hitachi Ace Cutout 1.5T 5* Split
<

Total was 37k - 3.5k (for old ac) + 1k for installation = 34.5k

me too looking for a A/c.in fact 3. One for bedroom12 * 10 ft size and the other 2 for my living cum dining room (multi level) abt 400 sq ft with lots of dead spaces and connecting passages and a west facing french window 12 by 10 size!!

Am thinking of 1.2T split for my bedroom. Any suggestions for the latter?? Should it be ok if I go for two 1.5 T? Am looking at A/cs not more than 35k price.

I bought the Panasonic 4* 1.5 ton for my room yesterday. Model Number is CS/CU-KC18NKY for 33K(Including Installation and Stand for outdoor unit). on the box it says imported in DEC 2011 and Made in Malaysia.

I went to buy 2 ton Hitachi/oGeneral in April 2008 for my 210 Sqft top floor room. Old days house too many windows and ventilator. Then a person known to me who work as cooling technician he said he can assemble AC for me with reciprocating compressor which is more cooling efficiency than current days Rotary compressor and slight above power consumption. Since my room length was 21 ft long so he said he will do customize solution for my room like High speed fan inside which can thrust air to the end of 21ft for better cooling. Costs much less than Hitachi. And finally After 4 yrs it is working fine. No service required yet. I just clean the filter net myself and the condenser unit fins by brush. Some people argue about star and power consumption its much higher in assemble one. But I tested myself the currant drawn by my AC which is 8.3 to 9.3 Amps. Just think where does the star rating stand when compare with others. I'm very satisfied with its performance. Its windows AC assembled in front of me. Reciprocating Compressor used in AC max watt is 2450 and high speed fan watt is 125. Auto and manual control with remote and digital display showing current temperature and target set temperature to be achieved. I never saw any AC show current temp of room, they only show the target set temp of room. So fully customize solution at much lesser price and value for money.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Budget? > 35k

Type? Split

Rating? would be running for 10-12 Hours a day in summer So i guess ***

Misc Requirements?

Window area? 48 sqft

What's above the room? Terrace

and I overshot The Carpet area,its around 170 sqft

after a lot of thinking and running in Heat i have finally Zeroed On two Hitachi 1.5T AC Models -

1.Hitachi Split AC-1.5 TR SAC KAZE-RAU318KSD (17060 BTU/hr)

a)best quote offline = Reliance digital (Rs 34190 + Rs 2500 Installation Charge)

b)best quote online = homeshop18 (Rs 32906
<
+ Rs Xxxx installation charges)

2.Hitachi Kampa 1.5 Tons - RAU318KSDD Split AC (18089 BTU/hr)

a)best quote offline = Local dealer (Rs 32090 + Rs 2500 Installation Charge + Rs 220/per running foot Pipe Charge)

b)best quote online = flipkart (Rs Rs. 30990
<
+ Rs 2000 installation charges)

Please help Me to decide

after a lot of thinking and running in Heat i have finally Zeroed On two Hitachi 1.5T AC Models -

1.Hitachi Split AC-1.5 TR SAC KAZE-RAU318KSD (17060 BTU/hr)

a)best quote offline = Reliance digital (Rs 34190 + Rs 2500 Installation Charge)

b)best quote online = homeshop18 (Rs 32906
sad.gif
+ Rs Xxxx installation charges)

2.Hitachi Kampa 1.5 Tons - RAU318KSDD Split AC (18089 BTU/hr)

a)best quote offline = Local dealer (Rs 32090 + Rs 2500 Installation Charge + Rs 220/per running foot Pipe Charge)

b)best quote online = flipkart (Rs Rs. 30990
sad.gif
+ Rs 2000 installation charges)

Please help Me to decide

First one is a bad idea, courtesy the BTU/hr

Generally you get 4m of pipes free with the split, which is equal to Rs. 3000 at 220/ft

Oh and Kampa comes without piping, even if you use FK

Back