1 TB installed space for RAGE

satyanjoy

Skilled
yes you read it right my fellow TEians, the RAGE(by id software) will required 1 TB of hdd size :O to installed in PC (source)

Game will not be released by this year. Seagate,WD,Hitachi we need cheaper mega-TB hdd ( 10-20 TB):sos:

An uncompressed copy of Rage is about 1TB in size.

The game will be released on all platforms including Linux.

The Xbox 360 version will ship on 2-3 dual layer DVDs, while the PS3 version will ship on a single blu-ray.

While Rage performs at a staggering 45-50 FPS on the PC and Xbox 360, its current performance on the PS3 is limited to 20 FPS. John Carmack has assured gamers that when released, the game will perform equally well on the PS3.

The game was rumored to use low textures on the Xbox 360 to fit on the DVDs but it has been confirmed that the Xbox 360 is the lead development platform.
- (source)

It says "uncompressed" copy. The game may use compressed files (i.e after installation) which are uncompressed on the fly during game runtime (Doom 3 also had something like this I believe).

Vulc4n said:
It says "uncompressed" copy. The game may use compressed files (i.e after installation) which are uncompressed on the fly during game runtime (Doom 3 also had something like this I believe).

right- but consider if they managed to compressed it by 80% - it will still required 200gb hdd space

1TB huh... no wonder it's called Rage, cause it's outrageous... :bleh:

Can't wait to see the gameplay demo, though... I've always been id fanboy. ;)

Just noticed... since they're releasing it on single BR disk... I don't think it's really going to be 1TB... heck, or even 200GB.... that's just absurd.

kauzy said:
Screw PC.. PS3 rules.. :p

try try try and die trying doing that

iGo said:
1TB huh... no wonder it's called Rage, cause it's outrageous... :bleh:

Can't wait to see the gameplay demo, though... I've always been id fanboy. ;)

Just noticed... since they're releasing it on single BR disk... I don't think it's really going to be 1TB... heck, or even 200GB.... that's just absurd.

yep,,john carmack :cool2: , I think console will get bit stripped down version (low texture/resolution) version to fit in :tongue:

This is BS
No way, it can have installed drive space of 1TB ( uncompressed or whatever)
if it does, they wont sell even few hundred copies

and guess what will be the install media size
100GB??

may be all the in game cut scenes are many and the game offer more then 100hour++ gameplay --guys its john carmack's creation , i hope it will be in the league of Oblivion and Crysis,StarCraft

Always the first source of info is false.....

1TB :S NO way its gona be that huge.......

If the textures are that crisp , then thinking of system spec :( it needs WTF :huh:

lol 1TB cannot be true. that is just totally insane.

maybe after a few years, but certainly not in todays time (or atleast for a couple of years for that matter).

if 1TB is true, wonder how big the demo would be. and i dont even dare to think the specs it will require to run such a massive game. :lol:

^^ Yup demo will be given by that DIgit/Chip magazine on 2/4 Blu-Ray discs in their special edition costing 1000 rupees :rofl: :rofl:

raksrules said:
^^ Yup demo will be given by that DIgit/Chip magazine on 2/4 Blu-Ray discs in their special edition costing 1000 rupees :rofl: :rofl:
great thinking..but most of us dont have BD drive,may be you can get us some imported cheap Chinese bd drive :tongue:
GO: Chinese BD Drive by raksrules

satyanjoy said:
may be all the in game cut scenes are many and the game offer more then 100hour++ gameplay --guys its john carmack's creation , i hope it will be in the league of Oblivion and Crysis,StarCraft

hes not exactly good at creating games...but rather engines.and the guy is definitely off focus lately...iphones...fine but rockets...COME ON!!!:mad:

Back