Budget 51-70k 1080p 144hz Build

cloudval

Disciple
NEED- Gaming rig with min 1080p 144hz for eSports in mid/high.
Want- same with 1440p. But if it can be achieved in the budget, do suggest them.

I have thought about getting good proccy 1st hand, but the GPU 2nd hand for now (to make room for Big navi when price stabilises).

Suggest me before Black friday starts.

1. What is your budget?
    • For CPU- 50K without Monitor.
    • For Gpu- 25-35k
      i Intend to save money where i can.
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - LG 24gl600f
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - LG 24gl600f
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Ryzen mid tier proccy.
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
    • GPU - used 1080Ti with warranty or; new 5700xt or 2070s or any other upgrade
    • PSU - Standard ATX PS2 modular with length below 180mm to fit my preferred cabinet. Gold rated.
    • RAM - 2x8GB.
    • Cabinet - HAF XB EVO
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • monitor- 32" Ultrawide 1080p or a 32" QHD , but after 1 or 2 year.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Kolkata
    • Open to online or used mmarket purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes, with warranty ofc.
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • eSports FPS Gaming
    • Download rig,
    • Watching HD movies.
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Prefer - GPU from Zotac, due to extended warranty.
    • For other parts - any brand with good aftersale support.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • FPS 144hz - CoD, PUBG
    • Openworld/Roleplaying - Far cry, The Witcher, etc.
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1080p
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 8

NEED- Gaming rig with min 1080p 144hz for eSports in mid/high.
Want- same with 1440p. But if it can be achieved in the budget, do suggest them.

I have thought about getting good proccy 1st hand, but the GPU 2nd hand for now (to make room for Big navi when price stabilises).

Suggest me before Black friday starts.

1. What is your budget?
    • For CPU- 50K without Monitor.
    • For Gpu- 25-35k
      i Intend to save money where i can.
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - LG 24gl600f
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - LG 24gl600f
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Ryzen mid tier proccy.
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
    • GPU - used 1080Ti with warranty or; new 5700xt or 2070s or any other upgrade
    • PSU - Standard ATX PS2 modular with length below 180mm to fit my preferred cabinet. Gold rated.
    • RAM - 2x8GB.
    • Cabinet - HAF XB EVO
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • monitor- 32" Ultrawide 1080p or a 32" QHD , but after 1 or 2 year.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Kolkata
    • Open to online or used mmarket purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes, with warranty ofc.
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • eSports FPS Gaming
    • Download rig,
    • Watching HD movies.
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Prefer - GPU from Zotac, due to extended warranty.
    • For other parts - any brand with good aftersale support.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • FPS 144hz - CoD, PUBG
    • Openworld/Roleplaying - Far cry, The Witcher, etc.
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1080p
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 8
Are you gonna stream too ?

nah, not planning to.
Buy an 5600x or 3700x or 3900x and put other money on a 3070 fe version or a Rx6800.

for motherboard a tomahawk max b450 is well and good. 16gb Corsair vengeance ram 8gb x 2.
If you want a second hand card then that will be available for around 30 to 35k for 2070s depending on the model.

reset for monitor, 32inch lg 32gl650 is what you should try to get 20k to 22k was the price last time I saw it. It’s a VA panel.
Rest you will need to set in as per budget.

Two questions:
1. When are you planning to buy?
2. Why do you care about Black Friday sales if you're planning to buy in Kolkata/India? :S

Notes:
1. For the cpu you can get the R5 3600 assuming you can get your hands on it. It should costs around 16k. New one of course is the R5 5600X but you probably won't need it. Also price is much higher at around 26-27k. And you said that you want to save money where you can. There is also the Intel i5 10th gen as a desperate measure.
2. For the RAM: 16GB 3200MHz is ideal. Latency shouldn't matter.
3. For the GPU the RTX 3070 will be overkill for esports titles. You can either stick with your old gpu or get a used older one for now or wait for the RTX 3060 or equivalent from AMD. Hence why I asked when you're planning to buy.
4. Other components get them as per your needs.

so, i guess 3900x & mid tier AMD GPU, since i only have freesync monitor.

1. When are you planning to buy?
2. Why do you care about Black Friday sales if you're planning to buy in Kolkata/India? :S
1. within 2 month.
2. gonna buy processor & SSD only through Amzon.com or bestbuy. Dealer from this platform has started shipping stuff from US. Btw which company provide international warranty, except for AMD.

tomahawk max b45
that is default. any other model which i should keep an eye out for?
lg 32gl650
that's the one ;) either that or 34" 1080p Ultrawide. planning to play in 1080p until i need a upgrade.
get a used older one

wish i could get RX580 for 5k xD

Last edited:
so, i guess 3900x & mid tier AMD GPU, since i only have freesync monitor.

1. within 2 month.
2. gonna buy processor & SSD only through Amzon.com or bestbuy. Dealer from this platform has started shipping stuff from US. Btw which company provide international warranty, except for AND.

that is default. any other model which i should keep an eye out for?

that's the one ;) either that or 34" 1080p Ultrawide. planning to play in 1080p until i need a upgrade.

wish i could get RX580 for 5k xD
I wish I would also get the RX580 for that price and I would Have directly updated to RDNA3

Corsair (bill is needed)
does the bill have to be in my name ?
aslo, which WD SSD you'll reecommend since i am just a gamer. WD has so many confusing names in Partpicker, green, red, purple. why not just name the best one - a rainbow version :D

also, mobo futureproof recommendation ? looking at TUF x570.
ooh, a router that supports DD-WRT
i am confused more about Ram, CL16 3600 mhz

Can you guys look at this build - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QwQQdD
& recommend me where should i reduce price to afford Proccy & GPU.

Last edited:
Am I seeing it wrong, or is that parts list already at 850 usd without including a processor or gpu?

Have you considered shipping and customs while ordering from the us in your budget?

Not entirely sure on this, but a ddwrt router can set you back 10k. Is this included I the 70k budget or separate?

Lastly, I don't think you'd need an aio if you're not planning to overclock.

which WD SSD you'll reecommend since i am just a gamer. WD has so many confusing names in Partpicker, green, red, purple. why not just name the best one - a rainbow version :D

also, mobo futureproof recommendation ? looking at TUF x570.
ooh, a router that supports DD-WRT
i am confused more about Ram, CL16 3600 mhz

Can you guys look at this build - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QwQQdD
& recommend me where should i reduce price to afford Proccy & GPU.
1. Get the Blue. Black is obviously better but you will not be able to exploit it to its full potential. The other colors like Red and Purple are for mechanical disks.
2. There is no such thing as "future proof."
3. RAM 3200Mhz is ideal.
Also,
  • eSports FPS Gaming
  • Download rig,
  • Watching HD movies.
if the above are going to be your main usage then you seriously need to reconsider your choice of the processor. Then decide the motherboard accordingly.
Ryzen 9 is a poor choice for gaming. Its meant to be used as a workhorse.

parts list already at 850 usd without including a processor or gpu?
lol yes, i posted these to find which upgrades i should avoid. i have set aside 30k for gpu. 50k for Cpu. i need to figure out which parts i can cheap out on :D any saving goes to other part.

Ryzen 9 is a poor choice for gaming
i know, but i can barely find 5600x.

Not entirely sure on this, but a ddwrt router can set you back 10k. Is this included I the 70k budget or separate?

Lastly, I don't think you'd need an aio if you're not planning to overclock.
yea the router is optional. so, i should go for air cooler ?

here is the updated list - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PtZh7X
suggest me a cpu air cooled fan setup for HAF XB EVO. i love that case, the flat mobo design. but most of the builds are modded, so no idea what fits alright. e.g. the radiator that's supposed to sit on top is only supported by CM products, which isnt specified in any site, but few reviews.

I have a nzxt h210i up for sale at good price, if you wanna build into a good looking case.

50k for just the CPU and 35k for GPU? That's makes it tricky to make a configuration, instead of just tell us your total budget and I can come up with a configuration.

Also wouldn't recommend ordering from amazon.com coz custom duties will set back a lot more than indian prices

For 144 Hz, I would say steer clear of mid range CPUs like 3600. I have it and I use it for 144 Hz, and it doesnt deliver for the cost of my whole PC. I have paired it with 5700XT which is an excellent card for 1080p 144 at most games. The CPU is what needs to push those frames. Make sure (iin my experinece and one mistake that I did), dont fall for average FPS when comparing CPUs. Compare the 1 percent and 0.1 percent lows when you compare CPUs. You will see that in most high FPS situations, an i9 1oth gen will be much faster than a R5 3600 when you take into consideration the low, average, high FPS all. By my experience, here are some FPS that I achieve on my rig. R5 3600 + 5700XT with the latest november Radeon drivers:

CSGO: competitive settings(Low on most, medium on textures), 1440x1080 res. and I achieve up to 400 FPS in any competitive match on D2, Mirage, Overpass maps. Cache much lower, but I dont play it very much. Mostly the FPS is between 300 and 400 FPS range, sometimes, it goes to 140, but never below it. So, all in all, good experience. But, it can be improved by getting a more powerful CPU

Rocket League - EPIC settings and casual match has 250 FPS at almost all times, but does fall below 150 sometimes. Good experience, but can be made more consistent by investing in a more powerful CPU

APEX Legends - Low medium settings, 1080p.... 150 to 200 FPS. Good experience all in all

Now, take Mass effect Andromeda e.g. - Ultra settings, 1080p - 50 to 120 FPS. Its NOT a good experience.
AC: OD - 1080p high settings, upto 75 FPS. NOT a good experience.

So, if competitive games are the only games you play, sure you can get away with something like R5 3600. 5600X is a much better buy but we all know how its available everywhere... NOT. lol

For AAA games, high FPS wont work with this CPU. Also, my monitor has a freesync range of 70 to 144 Hz. Meaning, as soon as FPS fall below 70, screen tearing starts happening, there are jerks.. So, take into consideration your freesync /gsync range too. And, plan your build accordingly. And there is no such thing as overkill for 144 FPS gaming. Spend as much as you possibly can, otherwise whatever you spend will end up disappointing you, which you dont want . Just my 2 cents. Hope you build a great 144 FPS build. :)

And, please correct me - When you say you have 50k for CPU, you mean the tower and not just the processor right?

For 144 Hz, I would say steer clear of mid range CPUs like 3600. I have it and I use it for 144 Hz, and it doesnt deliver for the cost of my whole PC. I have paired it with 5700XT which is an excellent card for 1080p 144 at most games. The CPU is what needs to push those frames. Make sure (iin my experinece and one mistake that I did), dont fall for average FPS when comparing CPUs. Compare the 1 percent and 0.1 percent lows when you compare CPUs. You will see that in most high FPS situations, an i9 1oth gen will be much faster than a R5 3600 when you take into consideration the low, average, high FPS all. By my experience, here are some FPS that I achieve on my rig. R5 3600 + 5700XT with the latest november Radeon drivers:

For AAA games, high FPS wont work with this CPU. Also, my monitor has a freesync range of 70 to 144 Hz.

And, please correct me - When you say you have 50k for CPU, you mean the tower and not just the processor right?
i was looking at 3700x. not sure when the latest gens will be available. & if i can get 1.
for eSports- 144hz on medium settings. for other AAA games- 60hz is okay for me.
yes, 50k for cpu. 500$ in Blackfriday deals & rest for custom,tax etc . i thought i should get a good mobo + PSU, coz they outlast other items. &

I have a nzxt h210i up for sale at good price, if you wanna build into a good looking case.

50k for just the CPU and 35k for GPU? That's makes it tricky to make a configuration, instead of just tell us your total budget and I can come up with a configuration.

Also wouldn't recommend ordering from amazon.com coz custom duties will set back a lot more than indian prices
sorry, i already have HAF XB EVO.
overall 75-85k is the budget. have a look at this thread. gonna route them through TE's 'dealer'.

tbh i wish i could get this & be done with hassle of assembling all the items. but, buying a prebuilt PC is not gnna help me with repairs.

Last edited:
i was looking at 3700x. not sure when the latest gens will be available. & if i can get 1.
for eSports- 144hz on medium settings. for other AAA games- 60hz is okay for me.
Bro, make sure your monitor freesync range covers 60 Hz. Otherwise you WILL notice the tearing and jerking. Freesync range should be as big as possible. Mine is only 70 to 144, which sucks. Many monitors have 48 to 144, which is much better. If you can find a display whose Freesync range is better than 48-144, get that one. Trust me, I learned this the hard way. :)

BTW, my personal experience. And just a suggestion. I;d encourage you to get an nvidia card over AMD for high refresh rate gaming. Most games that can do high refresh rate are still DX11 or even DX9 (I'm looking at you CSGO). AMD is amazing for DX12 and vulkan performance, but nvidia is much better for DX11 and below. e.g. when I purchased RX5700XT, I got lower FPS than my GTX 1060 in CSGO, which were later improved by drivers, but it took a lot of time. RX 5700XT is a solid 1440p card and not necessarily a good 1080p 144Hz card. There are jitters. So, RTX 2070S is better than RX 5700XT even if the benchmarks online say otherwise. I'd even prefer 2060S over a 5700XT now that I am experienced with it. If you do get a 5700XT, get a Sapphire Pulse which I got. Trust me, this card has the least issues with drivers compared to 5700XTs from other brands. I have wracked my brains online for good 6 months after I bought it. As it stands, now 5700XT, and by extension, 5700, 5600XT, and 5500XT should have very less driver issues, but its on your luck.

This is NOT true for the new RDNA2 AMD cards. So far, they look excellent for both high res and low res high FPS gaming. The driver issues were (are?) only with RDNA cards.

Last edited:
Back