10MBPS unlimited download- fivenetwork(isp) for 5999/- per annum

Revolution said:
Oh,my fcking city!

I don't have any BB ATM.

Using GPRS through mobile.....:(
really, its kolkata right ?

lol i feel lucky after reading this atleast we have BSNL BB that is plagued with disconnections and slow fluctuations( some times can not download stuff...I wonder How can that happen)

BTW this 5999 per annum thing is a deal form the heaven if its really unlimited ,, but damn if they charge you, even 30-40 minutes will cost you a fortune. :p

If it's routed through our local cable operators, then screw this. I have had a pathetic experience with them when I was using Pacenet. The charges were absurd as these cable operators applied their own charges to it and turned it into their own profitable affair. Plus I'm not sure if this would be available in our area or not. Airtel works fine for me at the moment.

So essentially the Five Network would come through only via Local Hathway cable network so wires , modem would be of Hathway but only the bandwidth will be provided by fivenet; Can in anyway Hathway put a speed blocked at there end ?

dinjo said:
So essentially the Five Network would come through only via Local Hathway cable network so wires , modem would be of Hathway but only the bandwidth will be provided by fivenet; Can in anyway Hathway put a speed blocked at there end ?
i am having hathway, so i should callem up & request them to change to five network, what do you think they will do it ????

yo! my downbload has started :D...as of now i kept ard 10 BR rips for download....lets c wht happens....will b posting screenshots fron speed test in the noon.

postin frm my mob as ruthless d/l :eek:hyeah: started..

intacto said:
yo! my downbload has started :D...as of now i kept ard 10 BR rips for download....lets c wht happens....will b posting screenshots fron speed test in the noon.

postin frm my mob as ruthless d/l :eek:hyeah: started..
ohhhhhhh crap, you teasing here ????

wait.. 500 KB/sec or 500 Kbps? because 1 MB/sec would mean you are getting 8 Mbps which is near about the speed that's promised.. But if it's 1 Mbps, then :meh:

I can bet on one thing.. This will be the last time that they come up with such 'Diwali' offers :p My friend is planning to forfeit his current plan which expires after 2 months in favour of this plan.

Yea, so as I said the speed is guaranteed not to fall below 3-4 Mbps (400-500 KBPS) and will reach upto 8-10 Mbps(1-1.2 MBPS)! I am getting this plan!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

gizmoholic said:
I can bet on one thing.. This will be the last time that they come up with such 'Diwali' offers :p My friend is planning to forfeit his current plan which expires after 2 months in favour of this plan.
He doesn't need to do that! He can pay for the plan right now and start using it after 2 months when his existing plan expires. His plan will then be valid for 1 year from the time he starts using it!

Pat said:
Yea, so as I said the speed is guaranteed not to fall below 3-4 Mbps (400-500 KBPS) and will reach upto 8-10 Mbps(1-1.2 MBPS)! I am getting this plan!

He doesn't need to do that! He can pay for the plan right now and start using it after 2 months when his existing plan expires. His plan will then be valid for 1 year from the time he starts using it!
is it ????????

because my existing plan is supposed to expire in DEC'10, let me ask whether this can be done.

by the way, i inquired the local operator & he is charging 1500/- installation extra apart from the plan charges.

Yeah , so its 500-1mbps for all torrents or for each download you had scheduled :)

Someone tell me how would local Hathway will be involved here ? as Hathway do have bad customer service

^^It's not related to Hathway at all. Just that, fivenet services can be availed only through local dealers in your area, if any and not if there are none.

dinjo said:
Yeah , so its 500-1mbps for all torrents or for each download you had scheduled :)

Someone tell me how would local Hathway will be involved here ? as Hathway do have bad customer service

hathway is a good service provider with good CC

But can anyone tell me weather hathway provides 5 network plans or not ? I am a bit confused

Back