10MBPS unlimited download- fivenetwork(isp) for 5999/- per annum

I'm using sify 2 MBPS plan unlimited no fup for rs. 1540 but will surely like something this available in my city... Anybody using Hayai broadband here ?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I am using Linksys WRT54G2 and get speed of 2.2 MiB/s in hub.

Will buying a 150Mbps Wireless N router give me better speed in the hub than my current router?

I'm now downloading Windows 8 Customer Preview at 11 MBPS from Microsoft's direct download link. Is it because it's cached on fivenet servers?

I recently subscribed to FiveNet via SSV Tech in Navi Mumbai. I've a PPPoE connection. There is a weird issue which I am facing, and wanted to confirm if anyone has been troubled by the same and what they did to solve it.

The CAT5 cable from SSV is an input to my WiFi Router.

After using internet for sometime, if I switch-off and switch-on the router I am unable to login. Testing the line by dialing it from PC, gives 629 and 659 errors.

Its only after I call SSV and they do some MAC reset, the connection starts.

Any idea, why this might be occurring and what can be done to get rid of this issue ?

Router is running Tomato firmware and has PPPoE set in it too.

This is because you're not getting logged off from their server and that's why you get that error. They manually log you off when you call them, so it works again.

Solution is to either never switch off the router, or log off from your router's interface and then switch it off.

I'm not facing such problem in Asus N13U running DD-wrt, though I face this problem when a power failure occurs and the switch in the terrace goes off for a second before the power backup kicks in.

@arun687 - Thanks for your reply. Its highly likely, as you have said. Have to try it today.

Does it mean I've to manually click "Disconnect" through the router page and then switch off the router page ?

As you said, your router runs DD-wrt,and you are not facing the issue means if you directly power-off the router and when you switch on. You are connected.

Yes that's what I mean. Click disconnect and then power off the router. I dunno why it's not happening in N13U, but it does happen when power failure occurs.

Back