10MBPS unlimited download- fivenetwork(isp) for 5999/- per annum

shashank_r_t said:
Frankly dont keep much hopes on them.. basically if the building next to your house does not have 5network cable, then they will simply not install for you.

I stay in Mulund and 5Network is available just 4 buildings from my apartment, but these hopeless buggers will not even care to take my request for installation saying that its "not feasible" to extend cable just for the sake of 1 conenction

So unless ur or building nest to urs have 5net... they will simply not care...

BTW I has done to the same "procedure" as you mentioned... they will just note down your address and never respond.
^^ same case happened with my friend, in same area, though it was from cable provider, his house was like 4-5 houses away where they had their connection, and the guy named Mangesh was ohh so busy(yup, more busy than President himself), that despite calling him for nearly a month, still didn't come,once even spotted that no good pos giving line to someone in the very sector he lives, then he promised to install the line the next day(ofcourse the next day, it's as true as the cake is in Portal :p oh and he was gonna install the line without even taking advance payment and without giving out any details) then friend visited the office and gave him a nice dose of verbal bliss :p

but friend of friend got the connection within a day or something, and he is all happy chappy with the connection

hoping things have changed, and besides, ghee nikaal ne k liye, ungli toh daalni hi padegi na :D

Could someone confirm that this plan is indeed available? Last i read they had hiked rates to about 14k per year + maintenance and tax.

The prices have gone up (Its now available for around 13k per year). Speeds and service are top notch at least in Ghatkopar. Unfortunately, 13k is a bit too much for my style of usage and hence I have not renewed the plan after it expired.

Prices have gone up as everybody else is saying.

I was offered the plan for 19.5K and I didn't find it feasible as per my usage, declined.

I was then offered the 5mbps plan for 12500/- all inclusive.

Took it.

All works well. Still no buffering in youtube.

Service is fab. No downtime in the past entire year, except for once when their routers went kaput due to lightning !
<

Sion area.

The prices have gone up (Its now available for around 13k per year). Speeds and service are top notch at least in Ghatkopar. Unfortunately, 13k is a bit too much for my style of usage and hence I have not renewed the plan after it expired.

lol, take a look at airtel/mtnl/bsnl offerings, and all of a sudden, this seems heavenly
<

btw, got my connection, 10 Mbps fk yeah man, no buffering in HD vids, plus the hub is awesome. one gripe is that the connection gets disconnected after every 2GB, but it reconnects instantly, so no frets there
<

^^Yep, if I had that kind of usage, I would have gone for 10 Mbps plan. It is still the best plan in the market for heavy downloaders. Not to mention, it's DC hub is probably the best in India
<

^^The older one is no longer functional. The new hub address is[font=arial, sans-serif]:[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]184.107.143.197[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

15K Per annum is enough. 22k? WTF? what is he offering Constant 10mbps unlimited?

Nope. Local distributors are looting customers by adding 50 per month for line maintenance and 100 per mongh for DC above the base 5net pricing.

They previously used to charge differently than what 5net advertised.

So I mailed 5net directly about this and they started looting us this way.

I have stopped using DC. We are a group of 5frnds n only one subcribes to dc per month. N we route traffic via that person.

-Sent from Google Nexus S using Tapatalk
<

Nope. Local distributors are looting customers by adding 50 per month for line maintenance and 100 per mongh for DC above the base 5net pricing.

They previously used to charge differently than what 5net advertised.

So I mailed 5net directly about this and they started looting us this way.

I have stopped using DC. We are a group of 5frnds n only one subcribes to dc per month. N we route traffic via that person.

<

how are you routing traffic on lan?

is ftp working or some other way?

Their provider in navi mumbai (ssv) loot us. New price is 22k here. So i said bbye.

<

The ad today in Times of New Bombay front page shows the price being reduced to 10k for 1 year 10 mbps unlimited, with "conditions apply". Whoever is using it, are you getting true 10mbps speed or anywhere near it?

Yes, when I was on that plan, I used to get minimum 600-700 kBps and have seen upto 1.1 MBps download speeds!

Back