PC Peripherals 120mm fans available in India.

Nikhil

Skilled
Hi Guys,

I have seen that someone is recommending PABST fans. ( Sorry, I do not remember the name). I checked out some Pabst fans on the web(albeit for 2 mins only as my connection gave way at that time). I saw that Pabst were known for quiet fans.

My problem is that I am not too concerned abt noise as I am anyway listening to music all times and obviously, the fan is not heard above the music.

SO, I want some 120mm fans available in India with a VERY VERY high CFM. NOise is not at all my concern. Though obviously, if it makes less noise, it will be good.

Please recommend me some good brands available in India.

Thanks.

You can get 120mm fans that run off the mains for a few hundred. Good 115cfm and not so noisy. Also i think you have better control with them than with the 12V fans as you can switch them off when necessary.

I will find the prices of the 12V Sunon ones when i go to the shop again, and their ratings.

Raghunandan.

Raghunandan said:
You can get 120mm fans that run off the mains for a few hundred. Good 115cfm and not so noisy. Also i think you have better control with them than with the 12V fans as you can switch them off when necessary.

a Sunon 120mm AC fan costs 200, a cheap ceiling regulator costs 50.

for 250bucks, u'll have a uber fan :devil2:

the only downside is, the whole fan is made of metal except the blade...it makes it a lot heavy :(

The Antec Smart 1200mm Ultra-Quiet fan retails for around Rs.1200. My cabinet came with one and it rocks, planning to add another but not sure whether to go for Antec or Thermaltake.

anishcool said:
The Antec Smart 1200mm Ultra-Quiet fan retails for around Rs.1200. My cabinet came with one and it rocks, planning to add another but not sure whether to go for Antec or Thermaltake.
1200mm...thats pretty big ;)

When you say it runs off the mains, what exactly do you mean??? do I need to connect it to a wall power supply???

I was looking for a fan which came with power connector which I could connect to the innumerable cables dangling from my PSU.

Grease Monk said:
1200mm...thats pretty big ;)

Dude isn't it obvious that the post says 120mm, and when you type so fast a second "0" maybe added :no:

Nikhil said:
I was looking for a fan which came with power connector which I could connect to the innumerable cables dangling from my PSU.
Same here :hap5:

Nikhil said:
When you say it runs off the mains, what exactly do you mean??? do I need to connect it to a wall power supply???
Yep, he means its an AC fan, so you have to run it off your domestic 220V AC supply.
The traditional fans we use in our PC are DC fans , i.e. you can run them off your PSU since the output is in DC.

I find it a bit of a hassle though, say you have to turn on/off multiple external switches just to get these additional AC fans to start/stop. I wouldn't mind, but when you have other family members using the PC who expect to just turn on one switch and start the PC, they might tend to forget about turning on these other extra fans!

^^^ prob can be solved by connecting the power supply to that of the monitor output of the PSU....will run only when the comp is on....

anishcool said:
Dude isn't it obvious that the post says 120mm, and when you type so fast a second "0" maybe added :no:
I never said otherwise. Hence the ' ;) ' . But apparently it was lost.

anishcool said:

the antec fans are very low cfm ones.. dont think it will suit nikhils requirements

well u can use some "small" table fan which will come for less than 500 bucks and open the case and it will cool the processor, mb, hdd. All in one solution :)

my friend is using it on his pressHOTT which is online 24x7 :eek:hyeah:

Stalkersoftware said:
These fans are great they run 2000-3000 rpm! :D

I got a Delta from USA and it is 7000 RPM. If I place the fan on the table and power it on it flies off the table. I am sure I could power a model plane with this fan. I have had it for about 7 years now and have never used it as it sounds like a vacuum cleaner from HELL !!! :O

Back