Budget 10-15K 12K stock Android

AMG

Skilled
Jul 17, 2012
Questions:-
1. Budget?
A: sub 12k, since this is going to be a stop-gap phone, until we pick up an OnePlus 9T/Motorola 870/888 phone later.

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: anything will do

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Stock Android

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: I guess at this price its just micromax and motorola

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A:WhatsApp, Google Photos, Pinterest, LinkedIN

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Every phone is a dual sim these days, although we only use 1 sim.

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Offline. *

9. Any other requirements?

A: RAM 4, storage 64 would be nice

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Motorola G30. Micromax IN 1 (not note 1)

So mom's samsung died today morning, and the maximum we can wait is till tomorrow. So buying online is out of question, though I will still try and convince her otherwise.

Motorola: 720p screen 90hz refresh rate(which I will turn off for better battery life anyway)
Micromax: 1080p screen
Adv: Micromax

Camera: Moto 64 MP vs 48 MP on Micromax (Adv: Motorola)

Proc: Helio G80 Micromax vs Snapdragon 662 Motorola (They're equal benchmarks wise, and Helio are no longer the battery hungry beasts that they are made out to be)

RAM: both 4GB Storage: Both 64 GB Battery: Both 5000 MaH. Fast Charging: Motorola 20W vs Micromax 18 W (real world no difference)

Specs wise, I'd call it a draw. I just want to know about the things that specs cant tell us, like the in hand feel, build quality etc etc. I assume both being stock android, the UI will be the same.

vaalkai

Disciple
Nov 22, 2017
Moto will have better build quality and feel than Micromax from what i have seen. Between those two, i will pick a motorola anyday even if the spec is slightly lower.

singenaadam

Skilled
Jun 24, 2007
Check the service center of Micromax. The screen is the one that you interact with. Go for the best screen in your budget. If the camera is not important, Micromax seems better.