13" MBP and 13" MBA?? Which One

About XPS you are complaining, I agree only with battery back up part. But I get 3.5 - 4 hours on Windows [9-cell] & 2.5 hours in Mac OS X Snow Leopard. But it is heavy as hell :-/

If XPS is crashing, re-installing the OS or replacing the HDD would help. As dhruv says, even I wouldn't agree with you about Windows Crashes. Windows Stopped crashing after XP :eek:hyeah:

@Avi.. .It Crashes Rarely Dude.. I accept.. But when I Fireup Eclipse/Photoshop/Netbeans/VS it freezes for 1 min and then starts responding..

I have actually asked Dell to Replace HDD and they have done it.. Reinstalled OS...

Problem still persists..

I intend to keep this, but its heavy and bulky... So it will be on Desk as a Main Computer...

BTW mine is 6 cell,so 2hrs is what i Get while Browsing with Wifi on and 20%Brightness..

@teja92: i will suggest you to do a clean install on your XPS(Dont use your dell recovery dvd), i can see windows 7 running stable and crash-free on intel core 2 duo+1GB ram systems, so this happening on an XPS is weird, so try this once and you might save your/your Dad's 70k,its a lot of money just to get an apple logo on a laptop :cool2:

Indeed , not trying to dissuade you from buying the Mac but i can do basic photoshop work on my 11" netbook with 1GB of RAM and Win7 Ultimate ! Hence i just can't figure out why its slowing down on your system.

A clean install is key !

Replace the existing HDD on XPS with SSD

Replace the RAMs with faster and low latency RAMs

do a clean install of the OS

and btw, among MBP and MBA, get MBP.

PS: what are the chances of RAM or something else being faulty and not the HDD.

I would also suggest the same to you. Replace the HDD with an SSD and see what a difference it makes. And as for hangs and crashes, I have been using Windows Vista/7 from the past three years and have not experienced a single BSOD. And no freezes for no reason either.

Prior to Vista it was a different picture of course, I would get at least 1 BSOD monthly.

Ok Guys..

I will reinstall total Windows 7, Install Linux also.. Will compare and see

If I still get some Freezes or anything, will call dell and get it replaced..

Will see...

^^
Do you intend to start a war here by making such a statement? I appreciate your attachment to OSX but not many people here (or anywhere else for that matter):bleh: will agree with you that Lion is better than Win 7.

red dragon said:
Do that but buy the MBP too;)

Windows 7 is great but Lion is even better!

I know you have an urge to be evangelical about your preferred OS, but please be rational here. We are trying to save the OP 70k. It might be a small sum to you, but not for most people. Why spend money you might not need to?

Hey!It is not a small sum for me!!

Regarding being evangelical,nope!I do not have any urge to bring a windows loyalist to mac camp.

I am using Macs only for a year now and not qualified enough to do so.

You can never really justify your first MBP purchase(when compared to windows machines)but somehow you will buy it again and again..and this is where Apple wins.

^^

Again, that is YOUR personal view. There are also guys who bought a Mac and then decided to never buy a Max again and even loyal Mac users who have shifted to Windows 7 and have loved it. :)

I would say its best to keep our personal bias or preferences to ourselves when suggesting someone else as it will only lead to arguments and "war" especially anything related to Apple.

Just in case someone is contemplating buying a Mac. Apple India is still offering a 12% Student Discount for all its desktops and laptops. :eek:hyeah:

If I am Intending to buy a Mac, Will Definitely look into the discount... 12% is very hefty and I would love to get it..
But the Croma Guys are denying it.. They say only 6K max.. Need to check at Aptronics too now

PS: I will Keep the Option of Buying a Mac as last resort, until I get to use my Friends mac again..

The basic 13"MBP is available for 61k after student discount.

(sorry,if I sounded like a pimp.Actually I am on leave and it is raining like hell so nothing much to do!!)

Atlast, dropped the idea of Buying a Mac..

Re installed Windows 7.. Its fine now..

Will Install some Linux OS soon and do a Dual boot to improve performance in my programming

Now you should spend some money who saved your whopping 70k & reps also would do :eek:hyeah:

so where's the party ???

btw which linux you intend to use now ? I suggest you to install Ubuntu & install Macbuntu theme, trust me, you will love it !

@Avi Thanks mate..

I am thinking of Ubuntu.. But will wait and see

I wanna do a Dual Boot but dont wanna Lose the Windows Bootloader for GRUB

So, is there any way I can make WIndows Bootloader Default instead of GRUB? (Other than Wubi please)

BTW.. I was actually planning of taking it as EMI Only.. R8 now I am saving up for a 512GB SSD when price drops..

Back