Monitors 19" LCD @ Pune

techie_007 said:
nah...even his bargained rates are too high to match the ones i get elsewhere :p

I have gone to him lots of times, no use. :no: Maybe its just me, but I do know lots of ppl with the same experience.

+1 Sujata's rates are ki$$ @$$, not worthy at all.

vicente said:
:) +1 for the sujata bashing.
I said it before on te thread, poonam 's quotes r the best here

Yeah Poonam kicks Sujata's a$$ outta the park. There is another dealer in Pune AMI enterprises; he's apna Appolyn ka dealer. Appo told me that he also gives stuff at reasonable rates. I would suggest you guys to check him out as well. I dint go because I dun have time to go there.

AMI is not a dealer, more of a distri, so he doesnt stock everything. Nice guy tho :)

Give him a TE ref ;)

He has corsair PSUs and RAM / most graphics cards / abit / n all the small misc TAG stuff u can imagine, but no monitors/speakers/HDDs/proccys etc.

If you need a general dealer, mine is karan solutions on East street. He might not have some of the enthusiast level stuff, but for everything else, superb pricing :eek:hyeah: esp if u give him my reference (6yrs) :p n i can always get him to match/go lower on any pricing by anyone else if i find a cheaper quote. :)

Poonam rocks!

1194/27D, Kamala Classic, 1st Floor

Off Ghole Road, Shivajinagar.

(20) 25531740/3/4/5/6

Going towards FC College from SBI on FC Road take a left at the petrol pump. Turn right at the second gully. The building is just a few metres ahead on the left.

djmykey said:
Yeah Poonam kicks Sujata's a$$ outta the park. There is another dealer in Pune AMI enterprises; he's apna Appolyn ka dealer. Appo told me that he also gives stuff at reasonable rates. I would suggest you guys to check him out as well. I dint go because I dun have time to go there.

Absolutely agree on that. AMI is the only other dealer I've got stuff from - corsair vx450 for 3.6k a few weeks back!!
AMI and Poonam kick Sujata's a$$!!

The pixel squashing in the Viewsonic VX1940w leads to a 30% increase in power consumption compared to other 19/20" monitors,I would have suggested spending a few hundreds more and getting a 20" with the same resolution and less power consumption since you would have recovered the extra hundred bucks within a few months by saving on power consumption.

t3chg33k said:
The pixel squashing in the Viewsonic VX1940w leads to a 30% increase in power consumption compared to other 19/20" monitors,I would have suggested spending a few hundreds more and getting a 20" with the same resolution and less power consumption since you would have recovered the extra hundred bucks within a few months by saving on power consumption.

not to disagree, but any links to this? seems weird.

IMO Karan Solution and Mahi Comps give the best rates in Pune... best part is show them lower quotes from some where else and they drop the prices even further.

Aquamatrix said:
IMO Karan Solution and Mahi Comps give the best rates in Pune... best part is show them lower quotes from some where else and they drop the prices even further.

yup :D

my only problem wit Mahi is that he almost always quotes an obsene first quote and u MUST bargain with him :p

I prefer karan cos he knows me well enuf by now n even otherwise, his rates are much more reasonable, even for new ppl. so why not goto a dealer who gives u the correct prices the first time? + in case a quote is a bit high, u show him a cheaper wuote n he ll usually correct pretty quickly :)

the thing is you have to stick to one particular dealer if you want good rates. if you go around enquiring in every other shop then your regular dealer is bound to know about it and will let it show in the next quote :p. earlier me and darky used to buy stuff regularly from dcc and sujata, and afaik these two guys along with baba and poonam/radhika are the only 'real' dealers as such in pune (iirc dcc has one of the largest turnover for a disti in india, almost 200 crores). no one can come close to the rates they offer (atleast in pune).the other ppl like compuciti/karan/mahi etc are nothing but glorified resellers :p all they do is buy stuff locally and sell over the counter adding their margins. but theres no denying the fact that dcc and sujata loot end users :no: if you know someone personally at either place then you can get good rates as hacker said. i do have a account at both dcc and sujata but i prefer to get my stuff from ami and xpert (on jm road near smokin joes) as i get it home delivered

apollyon said:
the thing is you have to stick to one particular dealer if you want good rates. if you go around enquiring in every other shop then your regular dealer is bound to know about it and will let it show in the next quote :p. earlier me and darky used to buy stuff regularly from dcc and sujata, and afaik these two guys along with baba and poonam/radhika are the only 'real' dealers as such in pune (iirc dcc has one of the largest turnover for a disti in india, almost 200 crores). no one can come close to the rates they offer (atleast in pune).the other ppl like compuciti/karan/mahi etc are nothing but glorified resellers :p all they do is buy stuff locally and sell over the counter adding their margins. but theres no denying the fact that dcc and sujata loot end users :no: if you know someone personally at either place then you can get good rates as hacker said. i do have a account at both dcc and sujata but i prefer to get my stuff from ami and xpert (on jm road near smokin joes) as i get it home delivered
+1 to most of the above.

But to be a regular you need to find a good dealer first ;)

I tried going to Baba for some time in between, but as soon as he saw that I was coming to him everytime regularly, he tried jacking up his prices :no: I was back to karan, where 'I' at least get good prices :hap2:

Always glad to help anyone who needs it of course :p

Tho appollyons the man for contacts for the really hard to source stuff :D

Wow this is like some out literally opened my mouth grabbed the words and put it on this page. My TATA net was down for 2 days, so thats y didn't spit it out myself :D but hey its k. DCC is a pain in the a$$ when it comes to replacements. I have faced that. For changing a RAM it took almost 1.5 months. And I have to run with 128 MB RAM back then :( But anyways that was an experience and since then I haven't went back. Really need to explore other shops too. Been in Pune for a long time but neva went to stores that much.

The first time i asked for shop @ pune, someone suggested DCC..took pains n went there only find total ripoff rates, 945gc asus board was quoted 3k while the same was quoted by sys-tech, swargate for 2.3k. Now just wondering how does DCC has such a huge turnover..is it anything to do with connections and politics??

rocky_jvm said:
how does DCC has such a huge turnover..is it anything to do with connections and politics??
thats cuz they only deal with resellers/system integrators, they are not interested in selling to end users

not to disagree, but any links to this? seems weird.

I had assimilated this info by referring to the specifications of the various monitors.

eg. 19" Dell SE 198WFP has typ. power cons. of 32W
20" LG L206WTQ has typ. power cons. of 34W
19" Viewsonic 1940w with 20" res. has typ. power cons. of 44W

Back