Monitors 19" TFT widescreen monitor advice needed

cool_cat

Adept
I am thinking of getting a 19inch widescreen monitor.my budget at the max is 10K.
dont want to go for viewsonic as I have read horror stories with the RMA's and the likes.

Dell monitors are now available in few shops in cities ? atleast an ad in local newspaper seems to believe like that:S.

Dell SE198WFP -how much ? but I dont want to have the booking etc .straight go buy :eek:hyeah:!
other brands:
samsung ,AOC ,benq ? any model suggestions ?
my usage is reading online articles ,some pdf's ,some coding .

also pls tell me the fastest response time on which monitor under my budget?

thanks all;)

Go with the Dell 19" incher. SE198WFP is good and ya Dell monitors are available at retail stores these days. Check out your local market and also stores like Croma.

^ trust practical review of TE members,

that editor wants S-IPS colour quality from TN panel, U get what U pay, atleast its better than other TN panels.

What horror stories :ashamed: All my friends have Viewsonic monitors and have no issues so far. Just check if there are no dead pixels before you accept the monitor from the shop :)

^ ask member @janitha reg viewsonic :p

and pls anyone knows the dealers in EKM selling dell monitors ? I saw the ad a month back on newspapers.

and can anyone link to me if any pages for dell retail outlets exists?

^^ I am also going thru an bad experience with viewsonic(bad coz many others have even worst exp). Had a VX 1932WM. Went very well for 6 months, One fine day the entire upper half of the screen goes dead(all pixels are dead).
After 65 days they provided me with a stand by after daily calls and weekly visits to their service center.They called on day 70 and said they have received the LCD from chennai and will send it soon.Its 75 days now.. and am still awaiting my LCD.

AOC 917VW

Just awesome monitor !!! performs better than my dell 198wfp

Should be available around 8.8k

5ms,HDCP,DVI-D,DCR,True 8 bit panel

Other than that its only the dell I can think off !!!But dell is a bit costly @ 9.4k+tax in kolkata

AOC 917VW

5ms,HDCP,DVI-D,DCR,True 8 bit panel ... 3 year on site warranty with replacement monitor provision !

Other than that its only the dell I can think off !!!But dell is a bit costly @ 9.4k+tax in kolkata

sidewinder2008 said:
AOC 917VW

5ms,HDCP,DVI-D,DCR,True 8 bit panel ... 3 year on site warranty with replacement monitor provision !

I also hear/read about AOC, I'm not techie so don't know about performance.

You require baring shipping expenses for any type of service or replacement with dell, this is what I hear from my friend who currently searching for good TFT monitor.

^Dell ,if available locally is a choice.but AOC ,LG,SamSung etc too interested.

AOC -why those h/w repair ppl dont like this brand ! they are the first to say that AOC is not a good brand.(but I read many reviews of +ve nature).

also ,forgot to tell - I want to watch movie DVDs.

and how much for AOC 917Fwh

praka123 said:
^Dell ,if available locally is a choice.but AOC ,LG,SamSung etc too interested.

AOC -why those h/w repair ppl dont like this brand ! they are the first to say that AOC is not a good brand.(but I read many reviews of +ve nature).

Doono !!! AOC 917vw and 913FW both uses the same panel. But I dont like the styling of 913FW. For me plain jane 917vw suits perfectly.

Back