Graphic Cards 2.5k for used 9800gt worth it?

cooldude576

Disciple
Hi everyone.

Should I buy a used 9800gt 512MB @ Rs 2.5k . I just want to play games on low/med at 1600x900.

Or should I buy a new HD 5670(Rs 4-4.5k) instead?

Thanks in advance!

It's completely worth it.I've too got one for Rs 3100/- and mine is 1 GB ver.You can run nearly all games at full details and 4xAA.very nice card.

Medium graphics at 1600*900 is definetly possible and at 2.5k its a steal. Go for it.

Which PSU do you have though?

2.5k for 9800gt is good deal.. specially at low resolution.

Mainly Hardware life depends on what circumstances it is living his life..Mechincal and electrical... (proper cooling , clean and stable power supply)

Good cooling and good PSU = Healthy Hardware.

RD274 said:
Medium graphics at 1600*900 is definetly possible and at 2.5k its a steal. Go for it.

Which PSU do you have though?

My PSU is FSP SAGA II 450W

adityamunshi said:
How old is the card? Most of the used video cards i bought died within a few months. if its been used for a few yrs, better to get a new one.

It is 2 years old but it is in perfect condition now.

So you think chances of it being dead soon are pretty high? If I don't overclock then also?

Btw,Thank you all for the replies.

@OP basically it's true as rakesh said,it's how the 1st hand user took care of it and how many years has it been used.If it's too old better keep your money safe and buy a new card.The card that I bought was absolutely in mint condition and in fact it wasn't even used by the seller.It was merely a few months old.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Since most of you are saying its a very good deal,I'll buy it. And yes, thanks for the warning about the health of the graphics card. I'll keep that in mind.

P.S. My replies are being moderated so its not being published instantly. I guess this post will be merged with my last reply.

Back