Budget 0-20k 2 monitors, 15k each, For Programming/Reading + Netflix | 5k - docking station and monitor mount

Randaum

Recruit
While I did check out the rules and searched through existing threads, please accept my apologies in advance if I mess up the thread somehow! :)

1. What is your budget?
    • 15k for each monitor, total 30k.
    • Additional 5k total for dock and Monitor Stand if needed.
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • I will be using the monitors with 2 laptops:
      • HP Pavilion AU 620 TX - It has a HDMI port and USB 3 ports.
      • Macbook Pro 16" - It has 4 Thunderbolt 3 ports
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Both laptops.
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • Two monitors
    • Dock if needed for the monitors
    • Monitor stand if needed for vertical monitor alignment and height/tilt adjustment
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • I will upgrade the HP Pavilion AU 620TX to a Thinkpad X, T, or P series, next year.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Online Purchase only - my employer will order the monitors.
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No - organization rules.
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Heavy Text work - Programming, Extensive Reading of books/articles - about 12 hours/day.
    • Some Netflix now and then (once a week or less)
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • No preference, but good after-sales support is important. Ideally they should pickup and drop back the monitors if anything faulty occurs.
    • Lenovo and Dell - I've had good experience with their service.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • No gaming at all.
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Full HD or higher.
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • Not Applicable, but no, I don't plan to overclock my laptops.
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 64 bit
    • Linux - Ubuntu
    • MacOS.

I don't thing there are any monitors within 15K which have height adjustment. You might have to shell out more if you want height adjustment or buy monitor stands. What screen size are you looking for? 21 or 24"? Any additional requirements like in built speakers?

I don't thing there are any monitors within 15K which have height adjustment. You might have to shell out more if you want height adjustment or buy monitor stands. What screen size are you looking for? 21 or 24"? Any additional requirements like in built speakers?
I'm happy getting a separate monitor stand.
Screen size - the bigger the better! Though I've heard that 24" is the highest one should go with 1080p?

Not exactly within 15k, but close:
21.5" Acer - this used to be available for sub 12k (and below 11k in sales), but price is now really jacked up due to lack of availability I guess. Still available in PayTM Mall actually at 13k
24" HP - This seems much better value, and a very good monitor in its own right
Thank you!

Dell ultrasharp series is very good for continuous work like design and coding. No glare and eye pain. It's U2412M..they have already introduced its new version. But the price range is near to 19 to 23k.

Screen size - the bigger the better! Though I've heard that 24" is the highest one should go with 1080p?
For text based work I'd say that's true. If you're used to using a fhd laptop, then even 24" initially may seem pixelated but it will get better.
But for media consumption and gaming, even 27" 1080p is fine tbh. This also depends on distance from monitor. The farther back you sit, the less noticeable will be the lower ppi.

I'm happy getting a separate monitor stand.

Thank you!
24 inches is pretty much optimal for 1080p. The pixel density is way too low if you increase it to 27. Bigger is not always better when it comes to monitor sizes. I had a 27-inch 1080p monitor and I couldn't stand it. I had to switch back to 24.

you may opt for a ultra wide of 34" with 1440p for multi tasking and dual usage - it has picture by picture as well for easy use. Might fit the same budget.

Back