2* Win 8 keys for 900 bucks from Dreamspark

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kuduku
After how many days does one get the credentials for login? Till date I'm only getting news letters from ACM.!

Last edited by a moderator:
kuduku
After how many days does one get the credentials for login? Till date I'm only getting news letters from ACM.!
Did you opt in MSDNN/ Dream spark from MYACM ?
1 day max email is received , check spam many people had it in spam
ALL THOSE WHO HAVE STILL NOT RECEIVED EMAIL PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER AND CONFIRM THAT YOU HAVE OPTED IN FOR MS DREAMSPARK SOFTWARE PROGRAM IN MY ACM

Did you opt in MSDNN/ Dream spark from MYACM ?
1 day max email is received , check spam many people had it in spam
ALL THOSE WHO HAVE STILL NOT RECEIVED EMAIL PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER AND CONFIRM THAT YOU HAVE OPTED IN FOR MS DREAMSPARK SOFTWARE PROGRAM IN MY ACM

I just followed the steps you mentioned.. got 2 newsletters since then.. no sign of credentials.. membership fee was 900INR

Student Membership Option
ACM Student Membership including:

• Access to the full ACM Digital Library
  • Free access to 100+ software packages from the Microsoft DreamSpark Premium Package
  • Access to online courses, ebooks and training videos,
  • Electronic subscription to Communications of the ACMmagazine
  • Access to ACM's highly targeted Career and Job Center
  • Free e-mentoring services from MentorNet
  • Subscription to XRDS, ACM's all new student magazine
  • Electronic subscription to ACM CareerNews (twice monthly)
  • ACM e-news digest TechNews (tri-weekly)
  • ACM's monthly online newsletter MemberNet
  • Free "acm.org" email forwarding address plus filtering through Postini
Yearly Rate: 900 INR

This thread shows that all of us want to use original, non-pirated software, provided they are reasonably priced. :clapping:

^^^^
Totally Agree!! I was also among those who opted for Office 2010 when it was available for 450INR.
@kuduku
Checked the Junk folder, Deleted items folder (in case) No sign of any mail having creds! Have sent a mail to their support team..

@prankie , you have mailed support lets see what they say . generally everyone else have received it .

All other members ---- Can you please confirm those who bought and have they received the dreamspark login .
confirmed list @avi @prasanth11
and myself

I received login for ACM in a minute and I opted for Dreamspark and received login within next minute. I used Gmail

I used my Hotmail id.. after payment since I didn't receive the id so I created a web id. Surprisingly all my details were there.. I opted for MS Dreamspark premium package. Got a message that will receive creds in 48 hrs.. now m waiting...

What new softwares we are getting ? Weren't these already there earlier ??

yeah ,these are there earlier
But i wanted to confirm ,newsletter i have received today showed that info,i am wondering did i miss something

Actually we downloaded latest software

- - - Updated - - -
Good Information. I have couple of clarifications needed :
Since Windows 8 retail copy is not release how come it available for student ? Is this final release copy or consumer release candidate ?

Windows 8 has been available to those parties who participate in Microsoft's various partnership programs i.e. MSDN, Technet, Dreamspark (formerly MSDN AA) for more than a month now. They have early access to release software, whereas a normal consumer would have to wait for the official launch date to get his hands on a copy.

OT: Has anyone been able to successfully download the Win 8 iso from the MS server. They have a really crappy DL manager which is actually worse than the previous one. I have DLd the file 4 times now, and each time it has failed to unpack. Furthermore, it doesn't connect well on regular connections. I have to connect via proxy to achieve a stable connection sometimes.

Windows 8 has been available to those parties who participate in Microsoft's various partnership programs i.e. MSDN, Technet, Dreamspark (formerly MSDN AA) for more than a month now. They have early access to release software, whereas a normal consumer would have to wait for the official launch date to get his hands on a copy.

OT: Has anyone been able to successfully download the Win 8 iso from the MS server. They have a really crappy DL manager which is actually worse than the previous one. I have DLd the file 4 times now, and each time it has failed to unpack. Furthermore, it doesn't connect well on regular connections. I have to connect via proxy to achieve a stable connection sometimes.
unpack ? Dont know . I have successfully downloaded and have an iso

unpack ? Dont know . I have successfully downloaded and have an iso

I have successfully Downloaded .its failed to create iso becuase of lack of space (its my mistake though..i thought 3gb is sufficient-infact you need atleast 7gb to make complete iso)

i have to start download all over,agian a break in download ... need to start over

really crappy sdm,..no real resume support.

its eating my data..almost 6gb over out of 20gb...i'm on 1350 plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back