2009/10 English Premier League and Champions League Thread

Yeah both the defences were in shambles, particularly ours with Evans and Rafael (to an extent) having nightmares.

Hopefully we'll be much more solid in the return leg at OT, fingers crossed Vida will be back in the starting lineup.

hadn't it been for van der saar we would have lost pretty badly...the defence is in shambles.. fergie needs to look into it...

Bayern wins thanks to "that man" Ovrebro, he was at it again yesterday. Denied Fiorentina a hard earned draw and an away goal advantage! UEFA seriously should look into putting good referees in such important matches. On the other hand, Arsenal played like a bunch of schoolkids with Fabianski looking like he forgot the basics of football. Might just enter the guiness book going by the number of blunders by a GK in a single match. That second goal was not a controversial one but an intelligent one.

He fancies FABianski. He should have played that Italian keeper of his.

With a packet of sweets and a cheeky smile, wenger is a ............

Any one watching Barca Vs Arsenal @ TENSports right now??

UEFA Quarter Final 2nd Leg...

score at half time:

Barca 3 - 1 Arsenal ..

messi scored Hat Trick before Half !!

revenge for the improper penalty decision against Barca on the 1st leg :hap2:

you guys are missing some mean game if you are not watching the action.. some mean game going on..many rough tackles so far :p

udayrulz said:
^ Great finishing by messi , Arsenal defense is a mess though .

it was almost 4-1 just before the half time..

also the keeper almost gave away a back pass directly to the opponent..
i almost missed Puyol when arsenal made the 1st blow.. but the equalizer was moral boosting !! :)

yup great finishing!!

barca 4-1

messi 4 goals.. he really has shown how to own competetion.. took 4 out of 6 chances with ease..like playing with kids...

^ Not for me , He ll be if he wins the world cup for Argentina .. Same for Ronaldo with Portugal ..

BTW Madrid V Barca this weekend as well :drool2:

^^ game was not equally modern and fast in their time (maybe) ..so can't really compare.

but messi did play great solo today..indeed the player of the year as awarded!!

good night :)

Yeah Messi's fantastic, the game might not have been as fast back then but the tackles were much harder, its scary watching some of the older videos of someone like George Best staying on his feet after 5 or 6 challenges and then going on to score.

Haven't seen much of Maradona or Pele but I guess its just hard to believe that someone you're currently watching is as good as the greats whose names you've heard for years.

^ Kind of agree , not a single bad pass in the game . Iniesta is on the same level as well that's why I said it ll interesting to see what Messi can do playing for Argentina .

argentina is not setup for messi to play at his best , barca is tailor made for him and boy is he good, should be glad he plays in our generation

Back