--------Casillas---------
Ramos-Pepe-Albiol-Marcelo
--------M.Diarra---------
------Lass. Diarra--------
CRonaldo-------Kaka----
---Higuain--------------
-----------Benzema----
:clap:

seriously guys..cant understand both of manu's signing's this season....valencia and owen, one not upto manu standard, the other past his prime and highly injury prone!

Reds capture Owen

Manchester United is delighted to announce that it has signed Michael Owen on a two-year contract. The striker was out of contract, so no transfer fee is involved.

Sir Alex Ferguson said: "Michael is a world class forward with a proven goalscoring record at the highest level and that has never been in question. Coming to Manchester United with the expectations that we have is something that Michael will relish.”

Michael Owen said: "I had just begun to talk to other clubs when out of the blue Sir Alex phoned me on Wednesday afternoon, invited me to have breakfast with him the next morning during which he told me that he wanted to sign me. I agreed without a moment's thought.

"This is a fantastic opportunity for me and I intend to seize it with both hands.

"I am now looking forward to being a Manchester United player and I am fortunate that I already know so many of the players here. I missed pre-season last year and am pleased that I will be starting at Carrington from day one.

"I want to thank Sir Alex for the faith he has shown in me and I give him my assurance that I will repay him with my goals and performances”

Owen might not turn out to be as bad signing as many thinks.

If United get him fit enough to come from bench for last 20mins, it will do the job.
He will be happy sitting on bench unlike some others and come when needed.

Honestly if he helps sink Liverpool in 2 games, that will be enough for me :p

Shripad said:
Owen might not turn out to be as bad signing as many thinks.

If United get him fit enough to come from bench for last 20mins, it will do the job.

He will be happy sitting on bench unlike some others and come when needed.

Honestly if he helps sink Liverpool in 2 games, that will be enough for me :p

Well yea, he can still finish no doubt about it, it comes naturally to him, but what I meant is that meant is ManU would have been better off investing in someone like Aguero/Villa/Ribery/, doesnt look like the latter is interested in switching to Old trafford though.

With the players Real have bought, and still not done, if they dont win anything this season, it will be shameful, on the other hand manu made a big big mistake getting rid of Tevez, he was the key player that made the difference in the tough fixtures.

Arsenal have only bought the one defender!!! Need one CDM and probably a striker!

Actually, why havent Arsenal gone for Owen? :S.

Owen is on a free and isnt such a bad deal, if he gets 10+ goals a season that would mean he has paid back your investment. Plus he passed a medical at United so he cant be THAT injured. And Newcastle have the worst luck with Injuries, look at Albert Luque and Damien Duff lol. In other news, Man Citthai bid for John Terry :|.

Jasku said:
With the players Real have bought, and still not done, if they dont win anything this season, it will be shameful,

your wrong. it wont be shameful. all the big names they have bought are not from la liga. so they are gonna take sometime to get used to the league. if they win it this year then that is amazing. but i think itll take a year or 2 to get used to playing in la liga & also with each other.

stormblast said:
your wrong. it wont be shameful. all the big names they have bought are not from la liga. so they are gonna take sometime to get used to the league. if they win it this year then that is amazing. but i think itll take a year or 2 to get used to playing in la liga & also with each other.

stormy- these are world class players we are talking about, barring Benzema the only unproven one, he has the potential only time will whether he is good enough at this level, and lets face it the French League is top notch, so with the existing players they have, and with Ronaldo and Kaka, not only me, even the most ardent Madrid would want instant success.

Why do you think Perez has gone bezerk, the fans want trophies, and this is his way of announcing his arrival, and bringing trophies back to the club.

I can only hope Villa moves to Barca, and then we will have a cracking spanish league, only sad part is we will miss all these stars in our beloved EPL!

Looks like Melo is off to Juve !!
Milan have made a bid for seville's Fabiano and are also linked to Huntelaar. So looks like Ade will be staying at Arsenal.

Cheers.

no..they just said we're the only club that have come to getting him with Eboue in exchage too. here's a link from their site :

ViolaChannel - Comunicato Stampa

translated text : The Sport Director of the Fiorentina, Pantaleo Corvino in refuting the voices of these last hours of market, that they see the soccer player Felipe sure Melo to other clubs and that they bring back eventual encounter in order to define the cession of the precise soccer player who: 1. - In case the soccer player had already caught up an agreement for its account with a any Club, the fixed rescissoria clause with the same soccer player to 25 million euro, does not contemplate eventual contropartite technical, less than they are not than approval of the ACF Fiorentina. 2. - Precise the Sport Director moreover that Arsenal FC is the only Club that has approached the figure stability for the rescissoria clause. 3. - The Fiorentina has in its turn proposed to the aforesaid society to reduce the corrispettivo of the rescissoria clause, inserting in the negotiation terzino the skillful Eboue.

why we havent gone for owen ? .... we are very well stocked in strikers department , thank you and owen is glass ,,, we already have rvp and rosicky for the treatment table :p

and no way we are letting go ebooooooooooooooue for melo

please 15M + Eboue is a bad deal. Eboue is a great great backup player than can play good at RB and decent at RM on his day.

id rather we get Cana for Senderos + cash or just cash (around 15M)

Back