2012: The Movie

4/5 of my friend who watched it today didnt like it, they said the first half is decent but the latter is just a pain to watch..

Saw it yesterday late night show at E-Square- Call it the Vodafone Tuesday or whatever, the screen was houseful and E-Sqaure screen 5 is enormous!

The screen 5 and crowd added to the movie I guess and I really liked it! :) (The last half hour was not so well however due to the excessive/unneeded emotions!)

prabs said:
They spent on a lot of things except Special Effects like:

• Training the Indians to speak Hindi.
  • Getting an old Jalopy to use for a Taxi in India.
  • Getting rights for using the scene from the Forbidden Kingdom (saved a bit by modifying the BMW scene from Die Hard 4).
  • Spending a lot to get a replica of Titanic (or Some other ship) for the kid to play in rain water instead of a paper boat.
  • Killing the President in style by tossing an Aircraft Carrier on him.
  • Flashing lights at the end when the characters were trapped in water that made me think that the characters are moving fast but the dialogues are lagging
  • Saving exotic cars at the start instead of people to destroy them later.
  • Going camping in a limo.

^ These are just a few of them. Guys Contribute.

^^

I don't find those stuff useless and I did like the special effects. Come on now they could not have shown star wars stuff in such movie! :bleh:

I was already tempted for the movie due to EOW hype.

Lot's of people saying that Movie's having too much of special effects.

Anyways gonna go to IMAX 2moro. Hope large screen add some more excitement.:p

Pretty true. I rarely take the pain of actually going to the theater to watch a movie (maybe 1 or 2 times a year) and still, I really had to try real hard to stay awake in the second half........ The sad thing is that the trailers had already spoiled a lot of the best scenes....particularly that "running away from the quake" thingy :p .

Even i agree screenplay and even dialogues wer vague....only thing was the Special effects which makes me give a verdict of 'Passable'.

^^

1140039768sbLGL8.jpg

A married lady in TE!!

Back