Monitors 22" lcd with dvd input and tv tuner?

hey guys i am almost bent on buying the 2235 or 2245 from viewsonic but was wondering if there are any 22"lcds that can directly be hooked to ur dvd player and might have a tuner card so u could watch tv on it?

o btw how is the selection?...have seen good reviews ofthe viewsonic model.

thnx

buy a regular 22 inch PC monitor and an external tv tuner box :) it has both the things you want and plugs into the vga of the monior :) they're cheap as well

superdunkaroos said:
hey guys i am almost bent on buying the 2235 or 2245 from viewsonic but was wondering if there are any 22"lcds that can directly be hooked to ur dvd player and might have a tuner card so u could watch tv on it?

o btw how is the selection?...have seen good reviews ofthe viewsonic model.

thnx

Hey was in the same position like u for a week now.. researchin everythin .. even i had decided on buying the viewsonic vx2245 .. not for the ipod option but the benefit of the card reader and the 3 usb options... but in the end bought a lg l226wtq.. tat too for a cheaper price than the viewsonic.. got it for 15.5k rs from a shop in borivali (w) mumbai... amazing monitor..

look out also for the samsung 214T monitor.. heard it mite have option of hooking up with a dvd player directly.. but cudnt find it...

The Vx2235 is available for less than 14k here at hyd and an elcheapo tech-com external tvtuner for lcd which supports 1680*1050 res for 1500/-. and btw dont go for vx2245 it an old model and the viewing angles r less compared to the newer vx2235.

rocky_jvm said:
btw dont go for vx2245 it an old model and the viewing angles r less compared to the newer vx2235.

I have the 2245 and as far as I know they both are identical panels, the only difference being in the additional functions built into the base of the 2245.

rocky_jvm said:
The Vx2235 is available for less than 14k here at hyd and an elcheapo tech-com external tvtuner for lcd which supports 1680*1050 res for 1500/-. and btw dont go for vx2245 it an old model and the viewing angles r less compared to the newer vx2235.

I think 2245 is a more recent model than 2235.....
First came 2235 then 2245 and 2255.....the latest model is vx2255.....
Correct me if I am wrong here dude;)

ya and prices are falling rapidly as well ... at the start of this month 2235 was at 16-17K
yesterday i was at chroma its 15990 ... didnt see the 28 " if its 15.9K in chroma how less will it be at lammy ... will pay lammy a visit this weekend.

I have DELL E228WFP with compro videomate tv gold plus 2 & im just using this as a TV with tata sky. With a 22†lcd don’t forget to get DTH or if ur cable reception is good then add a bi-directional amplifier of 15db forward gain & then split signal with a -3.5db rated 2 way splitter or simply ask ur cable guy to do it for u.

Back