25 Kilograms of surround sound goodness

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
Got something else at my door step today. Its 25Kg of surround sound goodness :p

Back in Feb, I started looking for some compact, but decent 2.0/2.1 speakers. Ended up getting these in the end. :p

Edifier DA5000 Pro

The speakers came in two separate boxes. The smaller box contained the 5 satellites and weighed in at 10.3Kg. The bigger box contained the Sub woofer and the rest of accessories and weighed in at 14.7Kg.

Thanks guy's. :)

A word of caution to anyone who is considering these speakers. There are really insanely huge for use as a PC 5.1 system. The sub woofer especially takes up a lot of space (1.5 ft depth) not to mention the weight. Make sure you are aware of what you are getting into.

@Lord nemsis assuming you are using this with your pc , dont you find the sound of centre speaker to be too less compared to the other speakers.

please let us know from where did you get one, my mx5021 has gone kaput and i am looking something to replace it, is this one better then 5021?

edifiers's r really underrated .. im sure the sound really good for the price.. owned a pair of c2 myself, no complaints for the sound that a 2k pair pumps out, way better then any logi / altec stuff i heard in the price range :)

congrats nemesis :cool2:

bennysachdev said:
Do you really think Weight = Quality, when it comes to SQ?
Now who the heck said that? I don't see where I mentioned any such thing. If you are referring to the title of the thread, then you might want to know that its just a phrase put together to attract attention and not meant to be interpreted in a serious manner. Didn't intend to tickle your audiophile sensibilities. :p

In any case, I guess there is one indirect relation between weight and sound. Lets suppose these were made of plastic. It would reduce the weight by a significant amount, but would they still sound the same? :p

The reason I mentioned the size and weight is because I think these are way larger than they really need to be and that's an inconvenience for me. I guess too much empty place even in the satellites. There might a perfectly valid reason for that from an acoustics perspective. Its also ironic that I started out looking for compact speakers and ended up getting these 25Kg behemoths.

Back