Monitors 27" led monitor dilemma

anirudh

Adept
hi guys,

I am looking for a 27" led monitor with budget of around 20k. Currently i am using samsung 27" led tv model 27d5000 which is 2.5 year old but i noticed recently that its lacking in natural colors and constrast compared to my old dell lcd monitor. So, led monitor will be better than led tv for gaming, right ?

help me out.

hi guys,

I am looking for a 27" led monitor with budget of around 20k. Currently i am using samsung 27" led tv model 27d5000 which is 2.5 year old but i noticed recently that its lacking in natural colors and constrast compared to my old dell lcd monitor. So, led monitor will be better than led tv for gaming, right ?

help me out.

There are a few variables involved, what will the display be used for? If gaming at what resolution do you want to game, higher the resolution more horses required under the hood (GPU to be in sync). Please give some more details of your requirements for members to help you appropriately.

There are a few variables involved, what will the display be used for? If gaming at what resolution do you want to game, higher the resolution more horses required under the hood (GPU to be in sync). Please give some more details of your requirements for members to help you appropriately.

i will be gaming at 1080p and mainly for gaming.

I have been using the same LED TV for 2 years now, i think its better than most LCD and LED monitors available except the IPS monitors from Dell.

is G sync worth it ?

Price premium may not be worth it as suggested by Nvidia and its monitor partners. However AMD has also taken interest and we will have to see how things play out in the next few months. As demonstrated its visual appeal is worth it. As an owner of Shimian 27" I'm very interested in this tech and waiting for a Nvidia Gsync clone or a alternative solution to be available.

Well if its 1080p, you can consider the following:

1.LG 27" IPS 27EA63V-RS.21000
2.AOC 27" I2769-RS.19750
3.SAMSUNG 27 S27C350H-RS.19800
4.SAMSUNG 27 S27C750PS-RS.25000
5.HP 27xi - 21k

I just got teh HP 27xi, its an excellent display.

Isnt it a VA panel, that has massive lag times in turn hindering gaming?

Not at all, g2g just 4ms. It's a very high end va panel which was perhaps made with having in mind, looks better than the ips panel I have on my Google nexus 7 2013 and the older Dell ips monitors which I've used. I have also overclocked my monitor top 66 Hz.

input_lag.jpg

Moreover, it's a flicker free monitor, even 10 hours of continuous use doesn't make my eyes red or pain.

The only difference between ips and high end va panels now is that the pixels in the ips panels are arranged horizontally, whereas va had them arranged vertically. Otherwise all the differences are just on paper IMO.

Very detailed review here if you care to read - http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/benq_gw2760hs.htm

Back