Monitors 27" Monitor recommendation?

tvarad

Disciple
I am looking for a reasonably priced 27" monitor. It's going to be used for general web browsing and some office app type work so I am not interested in very high end specs. Price around Rs. 15K-20K range (the lower the better). Thanks in advance.

Just get the Benq GW2750HM.
Should cost around 18.5k.

These Benq monitors usually have decent quality for a good price.
Other brands like Samsung, Dell, etc might be slightly costlier.

Unless you would only be watching movies, 1080p 27" monitors aren't worth it. Its better to opt for a 23" monitor or increase your budget and go for 1440p 27" monitor.

Believe it or not, I've been using a 46" 1080P Samsung LED TV as my monitor all these years but lately it has been straining my eyes, so I downsized to 22" Benq that had been lying around. I've been using it for the last few weeks and the eye-strain reduced quite a bit after that. Still, the 22" felt quite small and after testing out various sizes, I felt that a 27" would be a good size/eye-strain compromise. After reading some reviews, I plunked down cash for a AOC A2757Fh primarily because it is one of the cheapest IPS panels around. I've been playing with it for the last few hours and I'm liking it so far. Thanks for all the advice.

Believe it or not, I've been using a 46" 1080P Samsung LED TV as my monitor all these years but lately it has been straining my eyes, so I downsized to 22" Benq that had been lying around. I've been using it for the last few weeks and the eye-strain reduced quite a bit after that. Still, the 22" felt quite small and after testing out various sizes, I felt that a 27" would be a good size/eye-strain compromise. After reading some reviews, I plunked down cash for a AOC A2757Fh primarily because it is one of the cheapest IPS panels around. I've been playing with it for the last few hours and I'm liking it so far. Thanks for all the advice.

Optimum viewing distance for a 46" 1080p LED/LCD display would be around 6-8 feet.
So if you're closer than 6 feet you're bound to strain your eyes along with losing picture quality.

Optimum viewing distance for a 46" 1080p LED/LCD display would be around 6-8 feet.
So if you're closer than 6 feet you're bound to strain your eyes along with losing picture quality.

Yeah, I know. The larger the panel, the greater the distance between your eye and various spots on a monitor the closer you get to it, making the strain greater as the eye struggles to focus. The 27" AOC looks just about right in this regard from two-three feet and I can barely see the pixels whereas they were very visible on the 46".

This is interesting. A budget 27" that serves the purpose :unsure: .....not yet. You will end up screwing your eyes (esp if your viewing distance is from a tabletop).

I have a 47" LD LED & I use it only for watching 1080p movies or gaming (when the other kids also jam up). It's connected via HDMI from my RIG.

For general purposes ....... It's a headache to use this 47" as a "monitor" as the contrast values + clarity/sharpness for "text" will nowhere match my Dell 23" Ultrasharp.

How much was the AOC?

18.5K including taxes from Ashirwad Computers, S.P. Road, B'lore.

terence_fdes:
This is interesting. A budget 27" that serves the purpose
unsure.png
.....not yet. You will end up screwing your eyes (esp if your viewing distance is from a tabletop).

I am not viewing it from a tabletop; I am using it as a regular computer monitor at desk level and at eye height with a viewing distance of 2-3 feet (was doing the same thing with the 46" too previously hence my eye-strain problems). I can barely make out the pixels with the 27" but obviously it was very visible on the 46 incher. The IPS panel of the AOC is reportedly made by LG and has got good reviews, so I was willing to take chances on it's quality despite the low price. I'll report after a week or two if you like re: it's effect on my eyes. It isn't bad at all so far (I would have had eye-pain by now with the 46").

Back