3 upgrades in 1 day

Disks > 500 GB are known to die for some reason when one installs an OS on them.

I'm not certain that's true. I have had a WD 640AAKS and 750AAKS running as OS drives of my erstwhile browsing and gaming rigs for about four years each, and while not as fast as SSDs in that role, are rock-solid reliable. I have the same drive reaching it's sixth year of operation and repurposed as the OS disk of my server, and it is still working flawlessly. The 750 is in RAID0 with its twin brother as the data and programs disk in my gaming machine (and is similarly in perfect working condition).

Maybe you're talking about the newer 500GB/platter drives?
Sei, congratulations. It's good to see your rigs come through :) I'm not much into pets, but your cat is really expressive. Your skills at captioning the pictures is also very good. Enjoy, I hope these last you many years (including the kitty!).

Maybe you're talking about the newer 500GB/platter drives?

Exactly saar. After having a horrendous experience with 2x Seagate 7200.11 500GB drives I just could not get myself to trust Seagate anymore.
I also have 2x 1TB WD Green. While mine are rock solid, some members have had bad experiences with these drives. Now I have 3 2TB Seagate drives which are working flawlessly and my faith in Seagate has been restored. I guess the 7200.11's were a bad batch.

Back