Graphic Cards 3060 vs 3060ti for non-gaming tasks. Used 3060 prices?

Hey all, so I've been researching this for quite some time now and all fingers point to 3060 12gb for my purposes. My purposes are 3d rendering, video editing, trying out AI stuff (stable diffusion & whatever new stuff comes up I want to have the hardware to try it out). As for gaming, I only do e-sports gaming and on 1080p so I'm not really too worried on that front as of now.
So I just wanted to run by the experts here if the 3060 is a better choice for my purposes as opposed to the 3060ti. I'm aware that 3060ti is almost 20-25% faster in terms of power but I feel like the 8gb is a limiting factor for my purposes.
Do let me know if I'm thinking the right way. Thank you.
Also I will be buying a used 3060 so what are used 3060 prices as of now?

This is almost the third thread discussing this same thing..

Last edited:
This is almost third thread discussing same thing..

Uhm. The top thread is 3 months old and the bottom one is 6 months old. I don't think I need to say much as to how fast the PC world moves within months.
Also While they are along similar lines I have clearly stated my use case and just want to double confirm my choice from the experts on here..

What sort of AI? If it's Stable DIffusion etc type of Generative AI, 8 GB is OK, but the 12GB VRAM is much better (especially if you're doing training). The 3060TI has a definite speed advantage, and if you can get a 3070, it's much faster. The problem with the 30XX series was their limited memory for the lower end models (they also cut down on the tensor cores).

If you want to run local LLMs, 12 GB is the minimum for a 13B LLM, and even that runs out of memory with token increases or additional LoRAs.

I might suggest waiting / getting a 16GB 4060/4070 or similar down the line if you want to do AI. If not, 12GB is the minimum, and a used 3060 can go from 18-22K.

Yes Mostly the 'new' AI Stuff, Stable Diffusion, Voice Generation etc. Not exactly LLMs as of now but If I do want to try it then I wish to have the hardware to do so.
So about 4060/4060ti - my budget is maxed out at 20k. I could have pushed my budget & considered 4060 starting from 31k but its 8GB again (FFS Nvidia) and the 16gb 4060ti is 50k so that's out of the question.
Thank you for giving me more insights on the AI stuff.

I would also like to add to this as to what is the AIB brands tier list in India? I'm currently eyeing Zotac for their extended warranty and service (mods please merge this)

Yes Mostly the 'new' AI Stuff, Stable Diffusion, Voice Generation etc. Not exactly LLMs as of now but If I do want to try it then I wish to have the hardware to do so.
So about 4060/4060ti - my budget is maxed out at 20k. I could have pushed my budget & considered 4060 starting from 31k but its 8GB again (FFS Nvidia) and the 16gb 4060ti is 50k so that's out of the question.
Thank you for giving me more insights on the AI stuff.
If you don't have a budget (AI is pretty expensive to run locally), you can easily do things on Google Colab, which runs about $12/mo for a TPU.
The basic Colab is still free, but a lot of people started using SD on it and Google doesn't allow that any more.

Back