Monitors 32" LCD as a monitor

Am in singapore right now and am tempted by the LCD prices here , 32" 1366*768 LCD for about 17k , and no customs for this size lcd.. so will games look nice at this resolution (connected to a PC).. or do i need a better resolution..

Btw.. hav a 8800gt... and c2d E6600... so tell accordingly coz will not upgrade my PC... unless reeeaallly necessary.. (post grad in 8 mnths )

and if someone can...

please tell me the average prices of 32" HD ready Lcd and 32" Full HD Lcd in India... (average price)

thanks..

you mean, no import custom duty for 32'' lcd? sure?

Antidote said:
at 32" with just 1366*768 resolution..i think u can sit and count the pixels :p

haha. yeah it's too big for a 32'' but still great if you keep it at a proper distance. :p

Yes, the pixel pitch might become a problem i.e. the dot between the pixels may be wide enough for you to distinguish them.

Besides, my 24 inch monitor itself feels like an effort, when I want to look from one end of the screen to another.

For the use of text and web browsing, I strongly recommend not larger than a 24 inch LCD.

Depends what do you use it max. for? I have sony 32' which has vga input and sometimes I do attach my desktop conn. to it and it works nice.
I wud say if you are a movie guy its nice to have. Also the price 17k is wonderful.

Antidote said:
at 32" with just 1366*768 resolution..i think u can sit and count the pixels :p

Was that a joke? :|

Most decent 32 inchers have the same resolution - 1366 x 768 and performs exceedingly well if you place them right and not sit a feet or two from the LCD and watch a movie or play a game. That's downright rubbish. A 32inch LCD is ideally wall mounted than placed on the table. Some of them who've it on their tables have had no issues either.

And a 1080p video file is NOT going to make a huge difference if you view it on a 32incher. Period. Something above 42~46inches and it would.

As for the OP, a decent HD ready LCD such as the Panasonic LX80 is priced at ~32k. Most 32inchers are priced at 28~35k mark. The full-HD LCDs are priced much higher. Makes no sense either! Besides games at non-native resolutions wont look good. But if you're sitting 4~5 feet apart and use a controller for gaming (or a PS# perhaps in the future!), it makes perfect sense to invest in the LCD.

32" for 17k in Singapore ?

I've bought a Sammy 4 series 26" when i been to singapore last year for 18k (Price in India was about 31k)

Wats the brand and i reckon you are getting it from grey market ?

see.............IMHO.............if you plan to use the 32-incher as your primary display for regular tasks like --- surfing, word-excel sheets, forum activity, mails........please dont use a 32 incher........ur neck will hurt......trust me on that ......

your eyes can easily scan a smaller surface without moving your head. That becomes increasingly impossible as the screen size increases and you will have to move your head and long hours in front of such a screen is going to give you discomfort

Yes, 32-inch is good for movies or games if you are looking at it from a decent distance................This is also the reason why screen sizes are recommended based on the room size, rather what distance you are going to view it from.

Get a 22" or 24" for surfing,work and playing games on your pc.

Get a 32" or bigger for movies and games on console(you will be sitting at a distance while playing console games)

Back