32inch confusion

red_devil

Disciple
Planning to buy a new TV - 32 inch stuff should be enough. But I know bugger all about TVs. LCDs/LEDs are all very confusing. So I need you guys to suggest me what I should be looking at. Please suggest brands and the approx cost.

How much are they likely to cost? And any other brand that could be considered? {read somewhere that some model from LG is good..}

Also with the arrival of LED's how long are LCDs gonna be supported by these companies?

LED LCD TV's prices are high for the moment, so you shouldn't worry about that.

LG Jazz Theater is the only one to consider against C530/550. The cost is around 34K, depends an the place you get it from.

Tell the salesman to keep those 2 together and decide.

red_devil said:
So basically C530/550 are my only options?

Are there no Sony ones providing similar features at a similar price range?
I'd say yes, unless you want an LED LCD. Like I said earlier check the LG (32LH60YR) one also, it has hell of a sound system for an LCD, 70W RMS against Samsung's 20W RMS.

red_devil said:

Sony 32EX400 but costs north of 34k through the retail channel. Besides the price is fixed. You cannot haggle on Sony's pricing due to their fixed-pricing policy. Besides, this TV cannot play a lot of formats.
destiny said:
C if you get sony z4500 32inch one of the best flag models of sony........
Possibly EOL by now since the Z4500 was announced during 2009 IIRC.

destiny said:
C if you get sony z4500 32inch one of the best flag models of sony........

The Z4500 is outdated and is a 2008 model.

red_devil said:
Also with the arrival of LED's how long are LCDs gonna be supported by these companies?
Well by next year you will see that all lcds will have LED as their light source.
This year itself majority of the models are based on LED edge/back lighting

red_devil said:

The similar model from Sony is the EX400 available for as low as 27k in grey market.

The new 2011 model CX52x will replace the EX400 it has a new image processing,it may come with a opera internet browser and video skype support.
The LED version is called EX520 its the same as CX520 but is EDGE led and also may have USB recording.

I looked up Sony Ex400, Samsung C550 and 530

KLV-32EX400 : EX400 Series : BRAVIAâ„¢ LCD TV : Sony India

Designed to suit your style Samsung LCD TV Series - LA32C550J1R - LCD TV - Television | SAMSUNG

An easier way to lead a Full HD life - LA32C530F1R - LCD TV - Television | SAMSUNG

and I've got a few questions:

1. Which has the better Picture quality? {I know crap about them Hyper engine or bravia engines :|}
  2. How good is the sound output of all these models? All of them seem to have 10Wx2 speakers with no woofers {not that I'm much into woofers btw}
  3. How useful is the ethernet port on the C550?
  4. What is this PIP technology that they're talking about? {I know google is god but I'd rather somebody say what it is in layman terms than knowing the whole funda behind it ;P}
  5. Samsung ones don't seem to have any Headphone out ports..is there any other way that I could use headphones {I can't watch football @ 2 or 3 am by putting the TV on mute!}
And finally the price:
Sony ex400 is priced @ 36,900
550 @ 41,900
530 @ 39,900

I'm guessing the street price of Sony would be the same but what about the Samsung ones? and which of these offer the most VFM? :p

red_devil said:
[*]Samsung ones don't seem to have any Headphone out ports..is there any other way that I could use headphones {I can't watch football @ 2 or 3 am by putting the TV on mute!}
There is headphone connectivity behind the TV which turns to be a hassle to connect always. You might use a extender or a cable which enables you to connect to it
red_devil said:
I'm guessing the street price of Sony would be the same but what about the Samsung ones? and which of these offer the most VFM? :p

I would say go ahead with Samsung ones. I personally own a 32" C530 for HD gaming, HD movies and weekend football matches. Its truly awesome, I got mine for 30K. You would definately get it arnd 31K !!

1. You will have to put them side by side to compare. The shops like e-zone will put them side by side if you show high interest.

2. The sound is just enough. Fine in a house but not great.

3. Useful only when you want to stream to your LCD TV.

4. Useless. No need to know.

5. As avinash has mentioned.

No change in sony street price. at best 500-1k less.

Samsung C530 is around 31.5k. C550 should be 1k-1.5k more.

I did go with Panasonic - dont remember the Model No. but this model has got curved sides...different from any other LCD on market. Anyways I am suggesting it not for the "curves" but for the IPS Alpha panel it has. Saw it in Vijay Sales(Thane) for 26K odd. The picture quality is superb from any angle...its almost like watching a plasma. Just check it out. They also have sticker on the TV asking users to ask for IPS alpha panel demo.

Thank you for all the suggestions guys..finally bought EX400 -- it seemed better than C530 @ the showroom and cost a few hundred more than it .. so :)

red_devil said:
Thank you for all the suggestions guys..finally bought EX400 -- it seemed better than C530 @ the showroom and cost a few hundred more than it .. so :)
for how much u got ex400 for and from where. i am getting it for 33k with airtel hd dth and 1 yrs warranty

last minute confusion just heard buying 32 as full hd is not worth as hd ready is fine reason under 40 inches it hardly make visible diff. i was going for sony ex400 now confused due to this reason. so suggest and help

I have the Samsung C530 and its Full HD. I don't know about HD Ready being 'adequate' below 40" but I'm more than satisfied with the full hd capability of this LCD. I had a side-by-side look at many panels in Croma and picked the C530 because I liked its screen the best. I suggest you do the same and decide for yourself.

karmyster said:
I have the Samsung C530 and its Full HD. I don't know about HD Ready being 'adequate' below 40" but I'm more than satisfied with the full hd capability of this LCD. I had a side-by-side look at many panels in Croma and picked the C530 because I liked its screen the best. I suggest you do the same and decide for yourself.
for how much did u purchase it??

karmyster said:
thats nice u respond how's performance with dth and what price u paid for it.

guys if anyone still have idea abt why hd ready is better if going for 32 inches do reply.

Back