3d gaming rig for ~1.5l

Q: What is your budget?
Around 1.5l can be extended if needed

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
CPU - amd pII x4 955
Motherboard - Asus am3 ( dont think it supports bulldozer)
GPU - sapphire 5850 vaporX
RAM - OCZ 4Gb 1333mhz
Monitor - LG 27inch
SMPS - coolermaster GX650
cabinet - coolermaster Haf 922

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
nothing

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Yes will buy in about a month keep for a few years

SMPS - suggest a good one
Cabinet - ??
RAM - 8GB 2000mhz which brand ?
CPU - core i7 2700k
mobo - ???
GPU - 2x590 in sli
monitor - triple 3d monitor or one really big 3d monitor
cooler- corsair h100

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Bangalore sp road

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
Yes

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Download rig, 24x7 operation
Watching HD movies
Browsing
Desktop Processing

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
no

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
skyrim, diablo 3, assassins creed, rage, any new game that comes out

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
(1920x1200) x 3

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
Yes

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit

By seeing your prsent rig i advice you not to upgrade now .
Man your present rig is powerfull enough to run most games in 1080p high detail.
So there is no point in upgrading now.

Better wait for the next gen intel or AMD processor .

I know that you want to use (1920x1200) x 3 resolution ,so what is it ? 42 inch screen or what ?

If you can wait till May June next year, you can go for Intel Ivy bridge.

For the Eyefinity solution, you will need a pair of 6970s in Crossfire or If possible with nVIDIA (no idea), pair of 570/580s in SLI.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Better still, wait for the 7000 series launch.

^^ I think AMD EyeFinity is better than nVidia Surround for multiple monitor set-ups, also the HD 6970 performs equal too the GTX 580 @above-HD resolutions, so go for AMD if it is pure gaming you are looking into, here is a RIG I'll recommend you --

Intel Core i7 2600k ~ 17500/- + Noctua NH-U12P SE2 ~ 3900/- Noctua NH-U12P SE2 CPU Cooler Review - The Noctua NH-U12P SE2 - Legit Reviews [the Noctua is a better cooler than the Corsair H100]

ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z ~ 12500/-

G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x 2 ~ 3200/- [here is the reason why the 1600 MHz RAM kit will be more than enough, you can get the rest of the performance by over-clocking and tighter RAM settings -- AnandTech - Sandy Bridge Memory Scaling: Choosing the Best DDR3]

Corsair TX V2 850W ~ 7100/-

2 x HD 6970 ~ 40000/- [yeah I'm serious about AMD EyeFinity multi-monitor set-up trouncing nVidia HARDOCP - AMD's ATI Eyefinity Technology Review - AMD's ATI Eyefinity Technology Review, those are HD 5850 in CrossFire, here is a head-on EyeFinity vs. nVidia Surround -- AMD Eyefinity and Nvidia Surround Technologies Reviewed. Page 10 - X-bit labs]

Corsair Carbide 400R OR NZXT Tempest EVO ~ 5000/- OR 6000/-, here is the review of them both -- Corsair Carbide 400R Review - Page 1/6 | techPowerUp / NZXT Tempest EVO Review - Page 1/6 | techPowerUp, both cabinets have beautiful lines and a great cavernous interior to keep your components chill.

No idea on 3D monitors, so no recommends.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit legit -- http://www.microsoftstore.co.in/microsoft/97/product/Windows-7-Ultimate.aspx -- if you can buy this monster RIG, surely you can get legit windows, Sire.

AMD HD 6970 CrossFire against GTX 580 SLi ~ http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/298?vs=308 [performance check, power under check]

What about Speakers, mouse and other related peripherals?

Hope this helps.

I'll also suggest you to wait for Ivy series and AMD 7xxx line up. As the money is a LOT that you're going to invest, so no chances should be taken to have a further regret. :)

make sure buy the 3d monitor with Nvidia 3d vision ready for support nvidia vision glass, cause for tripe setup u need Nvidia card running in SLI that it can work on tripe monitor

i am not sure if ATI will not work cause there might be buddy drive issue on 3d vision glass or not support

btw i already bought Acer 3D monitor for 17.5k and still order nvidia vision glass 2 with full package for 11k which it take 3 day order from singapore

ALPHA17 said:
^^ I think AMD EyeFinity is better than nVidia Surround for multiple monitor set-ups, also the HD 6970 performs equal too the GTX 580 @above-HD resolutions, so go for AMD if it is pure gaming you are looking into, here is a RIG I'll recommend you --

Intel Core i7 2600k ~ 17500/- + Noctua NH-U12P SE2 ~ 3900/- Noctua NH-U12P SE2 CPU Cooler Review - The Noctua NH-U12P SE2 - Legit Reviews [the Noctua is a better cooler than the Corsair H100]
ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z ~ 12500/-
G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x 2 ~ 3200/- [here is the reason why the 1600 MHz RAM kit will be more than enough, you can get the rest of the performance by over-clocking and tighter RAM settings -- AnandTech - Sandy Bridge Memory Scaling: Choosing the Best DDR3]
Corsair TX V2 850W ~ 7100/-
2 x HD 6970 ~ 40000/- [yeah I'm serious about AMD EyeFinity multi-monitor set-up trouncing nVidia HARDOCP - AMD's ATI Eyefinity Technology Review - AMD's ATI Eyefinity Technology Review, those are HD 5850 in CrossFire, here is a head-on EyeFinity vs. nVidia Surround -- AMD Eyefinity and Nvidia Surround Technologies Reviewed. Page 10 - X-bit labs]
Corsair Carbide 400R OR NZXT Tempest EVO ~ 5000/- OR 6000/-, here is the review of them both -- Corsair Carbide 400R Review - Page 1/6 | techPowerUp / NZXT Tempest EVO Review - Page 1/6 | techPowerUp, both cabinets have beautiful lines and a great cavernous interior to keep your components chill.
No idea on 3D monitors, so no recommends.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit legit -- Windows 7 Ultimate, Buy Windows 7 Ultimate Online in India -- if you can buy this monster RIG, surely you can get legit windows, Sire.

AMD HD 6970 CrossFire against GTX 580 SLi ~ AnandTech - Bench - GPU11 [performance check, power under check]
What about Speakers, mouse and other related peripherals?

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply ALPHA17
everything seems fine... except eyefinity isnt 3D...
theres no point in getting atis even if they are more powerful as they dont really have much 3d support, just multi monitor (eyefinity) support... any idea when the next gen nvidia cards are coming out ?
any1 else know any good 3D LED monitors preferably with a small bezel so they can be put together....
also this motherboard has ssd caching so also please suggest a small ssd which can be plugged in to boost performance
keyboard and mouse ive got already... any 5.1 speakers would do...
dont worry about windows i've got plenty of legit versions :)

dont worry about windows i've got plenty of legit versions.

^^ Hope so.

Okay the next generation of nVidia cards known as Tegra will be released by next year Q2 so expect it to hit India in force by say June / July and then prices to move into comfort zones another month OR so, so say you want get the new graphics card before June [if things go as planned].

AMD [ATi is now AMD graphics division], has got 3D support but sadly it is still ported by 3rd party players, so compatibility will be a compromise issue -- AMD Radeon HD 6870 & HD 6850 Review - Page 7.

Haven't much experience in the speakers department, so leave it to other members for their input on the same.

Hope this helps, Sire.

Oh, and the monitors that you plan to use, if you dont have them already, try to get the ones with nVIDIA Lightboost + 3D Vision 2 glasses.

asus kcma D8 + 2x Opteron 4180 (2.6GHz) [This combo beats i7 980x + X58 in ALL multithreaded apps @ 650MHz less.]

Seasonic 750W 80+ PSU

2x500GB in RAID 0

GTX 570

HAF X

1xHD3D Monitor

You can get this config for 150k. You can also get your system professionally overclocked to 4.2GHz(contact shatul dorabji from comp-kraft) @which speed

it will beat i7 980x based system in single threaded workloads also which will cost you about 30k more.

PFA a pic with same config.

[attachment=10509:17435.attach]

Attachments

• F1020001.jpg
    F1020001.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 152
Also a word about SSD - Really? Sata II SSDs give you about 300MB/s(best case scenario.) with a very small capacity and very high price.

The above system sold was with 4x1TB WD Green 64 mb buffer in Raid 10 - Its read write benchmark was 206 MB/s - 64kb stripe Writeback/readcache.

You can go for a UPS with 3HDD Raid 0 and you'll get ~300MB/s with 3x500GB capacity for 6000/-. in that price u get really small capacity SSD's.

3x500GB capacity for 6000/-

^^ You obviously have not kept upto date with hard drive prices, they are through the roof, 320GB ~ 3000/-, getting 3 x 500GB ~ 6000/- is impossible [in todays market scenario].

$$lIoNkInG$$ said:
asus kcma D8 + 2x Opteron 4180 (2.6GHz) [This combo beats i7 980x + X58 in ALL multithreaded apps @ 650MHz less.]

Seasonic 750W 80+ PSU

2x500GB in RAID 0

GTX 570

HAF X

1xHD3D Monitor

You can get this config for 150k. You can also get your system professionally overclocked to 4.2GHz(contact shatul dorabji from comp-kraft) @which speed

it will beat i7 980x based system in single threaded workloads also which will cost you about 30k more.

OP is going to game he is not out to make a super computer OR server, he wants pure gaming performance with support for 3D Stereoscopic Surround Vision. Which pretty much beats the purpose of getting a dual-CPU [that also server class] set-up.

I7-2600k - 17.5k,
Gigabyte Z68X-UD7 - 19K or MSI Z68A-GD80-G3 [PCIE 3.0] - 14.5K,
DOMINATOR GTX 8GB KIT with Fan - 9K,
Alienware Optx AW2310 - 25K,
CORSAIR HX750 - 8.5K,
Corsair 650D Cabinet - 13k,
Corsair H100 - 6.5k,
MSI GTX580 LIGHTNING - 30K,
WD BLACK 1TB SATA3 - 7K,
3D VISION KIT - 8K,
RAZER BLACKWIDOW ULTIMATE -6.1K or Logitech G510 - 5k.

ALPHA17 said:
^^ You obviously have not kept upto date with hard drive prices, they are through the roof, 320GB ~ 3000/-, getting 3 x 500GB ~ 6000/- is impossible [in todays market scenario].

OP is going to game he is not out to make a super computer OR server, he wants pure gaming performance with support for 3D Stereoscopic Surround Vision. Which pretty much beats the purpose of getting a dual-CPU [that also server class] set-up.

Hey Alpha, This is Anant from Indore, Sire! :p How u doin buddy??! :)

Hey thats a server cum workstation - it supports CFX/SLI... you can also put in normal desktop ram into it(32GB) etc..!!

So its just like a PC but only very high end and soooooo much cooler than anything else available for the same price!!! :D

Doesn't cost very much too OP can get 2x HD 6950's in CFX in 1.5L working in x16+x16 which wont be the case in Intel based system...Right?? :)

Its pretty much same as an Asus Sabretooth board - but has support for 2 cpus!! :)

@HDD's - I know the situation is bad but its starting to get better - probably by Jan OP can get those rates on 500GB HDD's.

^^ Can't be sure about the hard-drives [because of holiday demand in the Eurozone and the US], but rest your point is valid.

^Alpha - Oops my bad!! :p - HDD's rates are not down at all... today's rate is 4300/- for 500GB in Indore..

SSD is definitely the way to go right now...!!!

^^ I think for most daily usage and gaming scenarios even the current generation Core series processors are enough, OP can go ahead with his purchase also HD 79** series will be very expensive on release and availability a pressing issue so on that count the HD 6950 2GB will be enough for the most titles that are about to be released OR have released this season.

Back