3G Speed on 2G Data Plan @ Airtel

matrix0683

Disciple
I am not sure if you have observed this, but I have some of my friends who are getting 3G speeds on 2G data plan. They are on INR 98 2G data plan which entitles them of upto 2GB of data transfer per month. However they use the same data at 3G speed. I have myself seen that and they get a speed of close to 2.5Mbps on 3G. Its ongoing for close to 3 months now. Does anyone of you have any idea as this happens, and if its possible to get some changes done so that we too can enjoy 3G speeds at the rate of 2G. This is for Airtel Delhi.

matrix0683 said:
if its possible to get some changes done so that we too can enjoy 3G speeds at the rate of 2G. This is for Airtel Delhi.
There is nothing to change in settings, if it works, it works out of the box (means with default settings) or else it doesn't work.for me it gives 4.12 mb.

Had tried in Mumbai last week. It worked. My brother had some 1.8GB balance in his 98 plan and that balance was going to expire the very next day. So i consumed all of them in next couple of hours procuring my stuff. Got around 2 to 4 Mbps speeds. MDMA showed that speed is capped at 7.2 Mbps.

its happening in some 3 g circles for airtel.

they want to put into a bad habit.

soon its gonna be capped so then you would want to upgrade to 3g plans per say :p

i use idea netter and a bsnl 2g sim..........it doesn't give me a super fast speed the speed is just ok,,,,as i pay just rs.98 for 3gb for 1 month......and 1 more thing if bsnl 3g gives u more good network in ur city then the speed can be more better......

i use idea netsetter, a bsnl 2g sim is used by me after cracking its lock,, it give a 3g speed, the speed is not so good but its better then the 2g speed..i pay rs.98 for a 3gb data..if the city provides good bsnl network then the speed can be more better...

Damn I was enjoying 3g at 2G prices from the day it was launched in Mumbai... But since yesterday my 3G has been disabled :( ... Wonder if it has got something to do with the creation of this thread :p

scarezebra said:
Damn I was enjoying 3g at 2G prices from the day it was launched in Mumbai... But since yesterday my 3G has been disabled :( ... Wonder if it has got something to do with the creation of this thread :p

this was always gonna be the case. TE is famous for this :p

Back