Video 40'' lcd screen issues (who can repair?)

amitmk

Adept
hi, my samsung a550 40'' lcd screen is black with thin lines of red, green, blue on 25% of the extreme right side. On the rest of the screen i can see whatever is being shown but there is some issue in the colors.

Samsung guy had come home for some other work and when we showed him this he casually said he knew a similar problem in a 32'' would cost 17k+ and it would be higher for the 40''. Accdg to him the picture tube needs to be replaced.

Anyone knows lcd repair guys in bombay? I'm told i could get it done at less than half the cost if i didn't go to samsung service guys. Pls provide contact nos if u know of any reliable ppl or u know ppl directly at samsung who'll do it for cheaper.

Thanks

amitmk said:
hi, my samsung a550 40'' lcd screen is black with thin lines of red, green, blue on 25% of the extreme right side. On the rest of the screen i can see whatever is being shown but there is some issue in the colors.

Samsung guy had come home for some other work and when we showed him this he casually said he knew a similar problem in a 32'' would cost 17k+ and it would be higher for the 40''. Accdg to him the picture tube needs to be replaced.

Anyone knows lcd repair guys in bombay? I'm told i could get it done at less than half the cost if i didn't go to samsung service guys. Pls provide contact nos if u know of any reliable ppl or u know ppl directly at samsung who'll do it for cheaper.

Thanks
How much old is your TV? I think I have the same model.

+LT

Where are you located.

Edit:

Just noticed you are in bombay. I am in Noida and i got my LLCD repaired from a exLG employee here. Costed me almost 1/3 of the cost what company guys asked for.

ok what i guess the service guy meant by picture tube is the panel itself. Now can that be repaired or does that have to be replaced?? I expect a big fatka now.

I am taking official quote from Samsung. And then i know another service guy from the same co who will see that quote and do it for me in cheaper.

Switch - Thanks for telling me they can get it done in 1/3. So now i know how much i should be bargaining with the 2nd guy.

Anyone has any idea how much it costs to replace a panel?

Talked to the samsung guy who came over to my place, said that if you r getting negative images, then the panel needs to be replaced.

As for costs, he said he will call me back and tell me. Also, where r u from in mumbai?

Will PM u his no.

vivek.krishnan said:
Talked to the samsung guy who came over to my place, said that if you r getting negative images, then the panel needs to be replaced.

As for costs, he said he will call me back and tell me. Also, where r u from in mumbai?

Will PM u his no.

hey, pls send me his no.

amitmk said:

Thanks
I think it would be better to sell this off and get a new one..Im sure you can sell it off to one of these engineer themselves..

Its fun to see their estimates change once u want to sell it to them :)

And you can never say with tv's tomorrow it might blow out again..

Plus this guy you asked, mention picture tube, that means u shud run away from him as fast as u can...

When considering the cost, remember u have a series, thye have c series, factor in depreciation for time and constantly falling technology..Plus you will get many more features..

LCD DONT have picture tube so really dont know what the engineer means by replacing the picture tube. More weird if he says he has seen and done this before. Looks more of a crook to me.

And yes you are right there.You can get it repaired at half the cost from a local engineer and you can even insist on gurantee on the replaced part.

freshseasons1 said:
LCD DONT have picture tube so really dont know what the engineer means by replacing the picture tube. More weird if he says he has seen and done this before. Looks more of a crook to me.
And yes you are right there.You can get it repaired at half the cost from a local engineer and you can even insist on gurantee on the replaced part.
yeah yeah. the guy who i'm finally thinking of getting it done from told me its a panel issue only right away.

selling the TV off and buying a new one as an option..?? Heart pains when i think of it. I bought this one for 68k exactly 2 yrs back and when i spent that much the math in my min was 68k over 10 yrs.. thats fine. Not 68k for 2 yrs !! :)

Lets see what are the kinda offers we are getting for replacement/repairs..

Someone in my bldg had got a 32" repaired for 6-8k. i think 15k is what it'll come for me since this is 40". !@#$%^&*

call up the samsung guy, get an official quote. then ask him if he could repair it without informing the company, personally. u will certainly save a lot of money.

He came in today. He took the model no and went. Panel needs to be replaced. He said he will give the exact quote on monday and it will be above 20k for sure... Crap!

Anyone know.....what is expectable life of LCD TV.....I'm using C550 40"......This thread give me shivering after reading it...... Is it 2 year ? Is it not 7-8 years ?

yeah man. I know it could happen again. CRT tvs were so much cooler. I don't think i spent more than 2.5k for repairs done officially.

They finally called today... estimate of 30k-35k for panel replacement. Of couse they will add servicing charges, etc.
Let me see what quotes I get from the other local guys.

yeah. Thinking of the same thing. I see these ads of sony mony which say get old lcd tv with bill and get 15k off on new tvs. Might do something in that scheme. Toshiba 40'' for 40k. Not gonna spend 68k again.

Back