PC Peripherals 400-450W PSU for C2D system+ SSD

cool_cat

Adept
I am having a primitive zebronics PSU rated 450W in use now. Now that I am buying a SSD, want a good PSU.

Which are the options available? Suggest Me some models with good warranty RMA service.

Is Corsair VX450 still the best option? is it still sold? what are the other options seasonic,FPS etc?

what about Seasonic model:S12II-430
http://www.ebay.in/itm/SEASONIC-430...8?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item19cce00442

Also, Whether Tirupati Enterprises has got a branch in Ernakualm(Cochin)? I belive they stock Corsair/Seasonic. Kindly suggest a shop.

I can see that "Corsair VS 450" in primeabgb website? what is this model? is it similar to VX450? it is only Rs2100! :O
Also, Any model recommendation from FSP? I am looking for VFM.

I can see that "Corsair VS 450" in primeabgb website? what is this model? is it similar to VX450? it is only Rs2100! :O
Also, Any model recommendation from FSP? I am looking for VFM.

No its different. Its newly launched PSU (in feb) only for India & China most probably. Official link.

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

FSP Saga II 500W was a good VFM but I haven't seen it available since long time.

Corsair - nothing other than CX430 V2 if you can find one.
Avoid VS450.
VX450 is discontinued.

Seasonic - S12II 430 only.
ES quality control is poor. not worth it.

Coolermaster - GX450. A bit expensive.

FSP entry level stuff is not too good.
Who handles FSP after sales?

UPDATE:
What is the price of Corsair VX450? and is it got 5 year warranty in India?

^^never seen last post. So, VX 450 is discontinued?
So, between Corsair,Seasonic, Which 400-450W model has to be looked for? please mention the ideal price also, as I will be buying this week.
which one more solid build and warranty service?
Corsair: CX430 V2
Seasonic: S12II-430

ES quality control is poor. not worth it.
Is this post about Seasonic? ES=Electronic Parts?

UPDATE:
What is the price of Corsair VX450? and is it got 5 year warranty in India?

^^never seen last post. So, VX 450 is discontinued?
So, between Corsair,Seasonic, Which 400-450W model has to be looked for? please mention the ideal price also, as I will be buying this week.
which one more solid build and warranty service?
Corsair: CX430 V2
Seasonic: S12II-430

Corsair VX450W was available at Prime ABGB a few weeks back ~3700/-.

If you cannot find the VX450W, try for the Cooler Master Real Power Pro 460W ~3500/- OR GX450W ~3000/-. Both are pretty good budget pieces with reliable after sales.

Avoid the Corsair VS450W it has been panned for poor quality control and components usage, for more on the same read here.

FSP Saga II are not available [last I saw them was in Bangalore] and their cables are of shorter lengths than competitors, so this can be a major hiccup whilst adopting the same. As for their after sales it is done by Aditya Infotech, reliable fellows.

I am not keen on recommending Seasonic because I am unaware of their after sales service network and I have read conflicting reports by two members, so it all seems to be murky and iffy.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

Coolermaster GX450 is 3.4k or so.

That is the Cooler Master Real Power Pro 460W's price, the GX450W sits lower ~3200/- on street most Indian metros.

FSP entry level stuff is not too good.

Says who?

The FSP Saga II 400W and its derivatives like the Gigabyte Superb 460W were a popular option for budget buyers and shoe-string gamers. I think there are plenty of members here who will testify its reliability and common availability.

Since the reappearance of Corsair CX V2 430W on the market, the Corsair CX 400W and FSP Saga II steadily lost ground and eventually stopped being visible in the market [FSP's entire line-up (minus Aurum) is available at a S.P. Road, Bangalore shop called Ankit Infotech].

Also I have already mentioned FSP's after sales partner, Aditya Infotech [they also service Sapphire graphics cards, Corsair cabinets and SMPS's].

GX450 is a bit expensive. My plan is to upgrade to a AMD Phenom II based Processor+Motherboard and a reliable supply for SSD system. Will Corsair CX430V2 enough for this?

Suggest that you go minimum for the Cooler Master GX450W OR above, because the Phenom II systems are power hogs and I am sure you would like to add more hard-drives down the line to the set-up.

Why are you going for a Phenom II RIG anyway, it is already EoL and Ivy-Bridge / Sandy-Bridge chips are priced very competitively.

Just my point of view, Cheerio!!

Suggest that you go minimum for the Cooler Master GX450W OR above, because the Phenom II systems are power hogs and I am sure you would like to add more hard-drives down the line to the set-up.

Why are you going for a Phenom II RIG anyway, it is already EoL and Ivy-Bridge / Sandy-Bridge chips are priced very competitively.

Just my point of view, Cheerio!!
OK. I may be buying today.
My preferences are:
Corsair VX 450 or Coolermaster Real Power Pro 460W / GX450W
Please tell Me the ideal price for above models.

Regarding AMD Phenom II, I was thinking of getting a used Phenom II X4 BE+Mobo rather than new and this upgrade will be another 4-5 months later.

OK. I may be buying today.
My preferences are:
Corsair VX 450 or Coolermaster Real Power Pro 460W / GX450W
Please tell Me the ideal price for above models.

Hmmm... then what components will you buy when you will upgrade your system later?

Will it be a full fledged RIG based on the Ivy-Bridge platform. If yes it will be better that you get a powerful SMPS now; rather than realize later that the current SMPS you will buy has come a cropper with the new RIG being beyond its abilities.

Corsair VX450W ~3700/- <-->4000/-; precious few pieces are left of this venerable SMPS. The series has been pulled of the Corsair site as well. This has been completely superseded by the GS series and TX V2 series. Corsair has an exemplary after sales network so buy with extreme prejudice.

Cooler Master Real Power Pro 460W ~3500/- <-->3700/-; a rival to the above design, the Real Power Series is a far cry from the heyday of Cooler Master when it was the only enthusiast brand in India and its SMPS were worth their price. This is the last vestige of the Real Power series all its senior siblings have been phased out in favour of the GX series but this one lives on. Can be hard to find.

Cooler Master GX450W ~3000/- <-->3400/-; an SMPS that proves, do not judge a book by its cover. After all notable SMPS reviewers panned its elder siblings for lacklustre performance and poor efficiency this broke the norm. Available throughout the country and at palatable rates this is a SMPS that you should grab if you want to power an entry-level gaming RIG with a few tons of storage space. Cooler Master has a good after sales network so this should work in your favour.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

Cant go wrong with any of the above 3. All are excellent for both performance and warranty.

Is this post about Seasonic? ES=Electronic Parts?
Seasonic SS-400ES, SS-500ES.
These are cheap no frills models, but I feel they are skimping on quality control.
S12II is a comparatively better series.

Says who?

The FSP Saga II 400W and its derivatives like the Gigabyte Superb 460W were a popular option for budget buyers and shoe-string gamers. I think there are plenty of members here who will testify its reliability and common availability.
I didn't say it is "BAD", but its "NOT TOO GOOD", ie. its "OK".
Shoe-string budget gamer option is what even you have called it.
Its certainly not in the league of the above PSUs.
Take a look inside an FSP Saga. People in the know will tell you current FSP designs are anaemic.

"the Real Power Series is a far cry from the heyday of Cooler Master".
"a far cry from the heyday" implies the Real Power is bad. I had to re read your statement to understand that you were actually praising it.
If memory serves right, Antec was the first enthusiast power supply brand in India.
Coolermaster joined much later but only pushed its Extreme power series which was certainly not worth its price.

PS. Do not look for a reason to argue when there is none!
You are arguing over trivial things like price differences of only 200 bucks!

"a far cry from the heyday" implies the Real Power is bad. I had to re read your statement to understand that you were actually praising it.
If memory serves right, Antec was the first enthusiast power supply brand in India.
Coolermaster joined much later but only pushed its Extreme power series which was certainly not worth its price.

PS. Do not look for a reason to argue when there is none!

No I am not aware about since when Antec has made forays into the Indian market, but getting any of their SMPS / Cabinets is fairly tedious [atleast in Bangalore and Delhi]. Cooler Master is much more visible and I do agree they have been pushing the eXtreme Series extensively, but the locals are to blame as well.

We Indians when we buy a car say, "kitna deti hai?" an oblique reference to the engines efficiency.

For computers it is more like, "kitne ka hai?", it is really hard to justify an 80+ certified efficient SMPS as they are priced on the higher side and trying to convince first time buyers is a maddening experience, especially when they are very sceptical about your computer knowledge, i.e., you are not a science student / Engineer et al.

For that matter I have been using a Cooler Master Real Power Pro 460W for the past 2.5 years and it has held up really well. No complaints whatsoever and silent to boot.

I am not arguing but, you are escalating the issue. I had already mentioned earlier that the GX450 is priced ~3200/- [in line with the Seasonic S12II 430W], but you still mentioned it as ~3400/-. So I was compelled to reiterate my stand.

Hope this clarifies my stand, Cheerio!!

Guys, I searched for 3 hours in Cochin with Corsair and Coolermaster distributors and dealers. Corsair VX 450 is not available although, inspaninfotech lady told She will inform me. but, that's not worth time...blank words.
Coolermaster got 4-5 distributors/dealers in Cochin and all of them have GX450W with them. But, a distributor who is friendlier with Me(due to previous purchases) told Me, that "Dual Rail" Real power pro 460W is better but it is discontinued. He claims He already talked to Coolermaster southern region representative naqwi told the model is no more available.

Seasonic S12II-430W is available for 2700+tax and 520W for 3300+tax(just called). Shall I go for Seasonic? Even the coolermaster Guy frankly told Me Seasonic is better brand! :O

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------
@ kochikkar: Anyone visited "Sheejas IT Mall" LOL! "Forerunner systems" etc these people are looking for easy prey.

varkey Jarod ALPHA17 JuGGa
user-offline.png

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Seasonic S1211 Specifications. I am n00b with PSUs. is this model "dual channel" :D S1211-520W or Coolermaster Real Power Pro 460W ?
Welcome to Seasonic USA
Real Power Pro 460W - Cooler Master

Guys, I searched for 3 hours in Cochin with Corsair and Coolermaster distributors and dealers. Corsair VX 450 is not available although, inspaninfotech lady told She will inform me. but, that's not worth time...blank words.

Seasonic S12II-430W is available for 2700+tax and 520W for 3300+tax(just called). Shall I go for Seasonic? Even the coolermaster Guy frankly told Me Seasonic is better brand!
varkey Jarod ALPHA17 JuGGa

Now THAT is disturbing [non availability of the Real Power Pro], anyway because you plan to upgrade to a better system at the end of the year. The best option for you is the Seasonic S12II 520W, the after sales niggles not withstanding.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! The Cooler Master guy is being honest about the truth and isn't mincing words, the design(s) of the Seasonic SMPS are indeed better than those of the run-of-the-mill Cooler Master eXtreme Power Pro, GX series [above GX450W] and the rest that is available in the Indian market. Though the Cooler Master Silent Pro and Silent Pro Gold models are good too.

Hope this helped. Cheerio!!

Yes the Cooler Master Real Power Pro link you have given is the same one that I have in my system, working like a charm.

^Yes it has got 5 yrs warranty. check here.

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

Also, Tirupati Enterprises handles its import & RMA, here.

Whats the replacement model for VX450 from Corsair with similar or better quality...

In India nothing, infact Corsair has put its head into the ground in the value market in India. They have replaced the venerable CX V2 430W with the cheap VS450W. The latter got panned for using poor capacitors on multiple sites.

The Corsair VX series has been phased out abroad and filled in with the TX V2 series SMPS, the VX 550W was replaced by the modular SMPS TX 550M. This is not available in India as far as I know.

So this leaves budget builders only the CX V2 series and the GS series, both aren't half good as the legacy VX and HX line-up. Let us hope some other company picks up the slack OR we are in a fix here with only Seasonic offering budget SMPS's that perform but, their after sales support is sub-par.

Back