42" LCD TV in around 40k

Thanks sam9953 and Bhutoria_1989

Can't say about any other but I found 3D videos better in LG LED (IPS Panel) over Samsung's 3D TV. My eyes were so relaxed even after watching 3 hours of 3D content on LG. But on Samsung 3D LED, my eyes felt like very very tired. I didn't even watched 3D content it for 10 minutes. Don't know the reason for that, maybe the type of 3D Glasses they provide (kind of heavy or quick flickers). Samsung LED is definitely the best in terms of 2D experience but I found LG's quality near about same. I went ahead with LG as I was very much satisfied with it's features.

I dont know about LED and 3D performance, but LG was looking good and slightly bigger size 42" as compared to samsung or sony 40"

i had got my samsung during diwali last year for 42.5k. so prices have increased alright.

I thought the price of electronics only goes down! This makes me feel i should wait for prices to come down again from the transient high.

BTW

i had a look at the chart given here: http://s3.carltonbale.com/resolution_chart.html as stated in the pinned TV suggestion thread.

I am not sure but i think that chart suggests that there is no perceptual difference between FullHD1080p and standard 480p for a 40" screen viewed from a distnce over 10ft. Is this correct?

There is a significant difference of 480p to a 1080p video over 10feet.

Not so much between a very good 720p encode with An 1.5gb 1080p encode.

Back