43in TV from non Chinese brand

r19

Disciple
Maybe around 40-50k ? Not sure what to go with since there are so many. For normal family viewing, not for netflix or consoles or anything. But should be 4k and have good picture quality.

Why not a chinese brand though? Any bad experiences that you could share.
Most Chinese brands use second grade panels that don't make it in developed markets. That has been the case with Mi. TCL makes good panels that they sell only in the US. OnePlus used panels that were rejected by Samsung.

They rely on the fact that people looking for cheap big size TVs will completely ignore the panel quality and thus focus more on the software features and specs.

So depends if you are indeed looking for some decent quality. Also, the algos in the Chinese tech brand TVs are rubbish compared to Sony, LG, Samsung.

Sony x75k. Or x74k. Best in market
Woukd also recommend the X7x series as I have one as a second TV for the bedroom. With offers, it is usually well below 40k.
I'm also thinking of going for it, should at least last long.
Why not a chinese brand though? Any bad experiences that you could share.
Relatives who want to buy are against it.
Maybe a tv from hisense would offer slightly better picture quality but I'm not sure if it would be worth it. There was a fald tv around 50k iirc, though it was a bit bigger.

What Chinese TV would you recommend? Just curious.

Last edited:
I'm also thinking of going for it, should at least last long.

Maybe a tv from hisense would offer slightly better picture quality but I'm not sure if it would be worth it. There was a fald tv around 50k iirc, though it was a bit bigger.

I think you will only get reviews of U7K as quite a few went for it. You will probably not find any relevant technical review of the lower end SKUs apart from general ones on seller websites.

You will have to check it out yourself. Only common thing is Vidaa OS is quite bad and Hisense upscaling and image processing is quite lacking compared to brands like Sony.

Also the units are poorly calibrated out of the box and you will need good manual settings to get decent PQ from the panel, compared to what Samsung, LG, Sony ship with.

I would have recommended Hisense as they seem to have good reviews online and on the forum along with some good technical specifications for the price.

I think you will only get reviews of U7K as quite a few went for it. You will probably not find any relevant technical review of the lower end SKUs apart from general ones on seller websites.

You will have to check it out yourself. Only common thing is Vidaa OS is quite bad and Hisense upscaling and image processing is quite lacking compared to brands like Sony.

Also the units are poorly calibrated out of the box and you will need good manual settings to get decent PQ from the panel, compared to what Samsung, LG, Sony ship with.
I would have recommended Hisense as they seem to have good reviews online and on the forum along with some good technical specifications for the price.

Doesn't seem like Hisense 43in TVs would be a good choice.
Any other better TV at a little higher price range? The Sony one does only ok in professional reviews, though not sure how much that matters as other are only slightly better. I also want the SD TV content to look good on it.

Doesn't seem like Hisense 43in TVs would be a good choice.
Any other better TV at a little higher price range? The Sony one does only ok in professional reviews, though not sure how much that matters as other are only slightly better. I also want the SD TV content to look good on it.
From personal experience as I have a Samsung as my main TV, the Sony algorithms are quite a lot better, especially for upscaling SD content.

If you are looking for a good performing TV from the likes of sony or samsung you sadly are going to have to at least 1.5x your budget. Some good options are:

1. Sony X85K
2. Sony X90K
3. Sony X90L
4. Samsung Q90C

But except for the X85K and X90K (Rs.95k) all others cost over 1L and at that price I wonder if it is even worth it to go for these when you can get an oled TV for about the the same price with much better picture quality and performace. BTW Sony models offer much better upscaling with LG in second and Samsung in the last place.

Sorry for the late reply. I've been going to offline stores and here are my thoughts:
cheap TVs like X75l : The picture quality seemed really bad, worse than my fhd ips. Gave up on these. I think it would be good to up my budget to 70k.
I saw good offers on c2 42(70k), Qn90c 50in (70k), c4 48 (90k) and there's also Sony x90k seems to be available on Poorvika's website for 77k but I couldn't find it in stores, X90L is too costly.

I wanted to buy the c2 42 but I'm afraid that Reliance Digital might be selling a display model as a new TV so idk. Spending 90k for the c4 seems a bit too much especially if it can degrade in a few years and it would be difficult to monitor what my family is doing. I'm worried about qn90c viewing angles and upscaling so not sure too (50inch uses different panel)

Anyone have a samsung neo Qled and know if yt streams and Indian cable tv / old movies / serials look good on it?

Back